Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

flying with pram that collapses into 2 parts

(6 Posts)
nydublingirl Sun 25-Oct-09 16:16:10

Just wondering if airlines have a problem with prams that fold into 2 parts? We have a Mothercare MY3 and will be flying with aer lingus when baby is 4 months old, so still in pram mode. Would prefer not to have to switch to lightweight maclaren for this trip. Any experience?

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 18:44:00

I used bugaboo with carrycot to fly to Switzerland no problems, we put it into the travel bag at the gate and the carried it down with the other prams.

A travel bag (padded) will cut down the chance of it being damaged and keep it clean and worth the cost IMO.

weaselbudge Sun 25-Oct-09 19:56:39

Depends on the airline - some eg ryanair will kick up a fuss as they specify pushchair must be fully collapsible. I went with firstchoice/thomson air with a zapp and maxi cosi car seat attached and absolutely no problem - just asked for two labels at check in and then broke them up at the gate/airplane door (smaller than carry cot though!). To be absolutely sure - check with your airline.

QOD Sun 25-Oct-09 20:00:02

well i am posting from Gran Canaria (yay for wifi) and i saw a 2 part pram arrive.... i didnt start out as a 2 part though.... good luck!

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 20:24:41

grin QOD

That is the beauty of the travel bag, it all goes in and the bag has the label so is just 1 item.

MatNanPlus Sun 25-Oct-09 20:31:25

What about using the 'from birth' seat if they say No to a 2 piece?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now