Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

X posted in chat. re faulty pushchair, advice appreciated.

(5 Posts)
glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 09:51:26

Hi.

I bought a silver cross pop buggy for my DS in Dec 08, it is very rarely used as I tend to use my big pram, so at the very most 2 times per week for very very short journeys.

I noticed today that at the safety harness, a piece of the plastic has broken clean off making the harness unsafe as it can be loosened off at clip point with a mere touch. I havent used buggy in over a week so who knows when it happened. (will upload photo to profile)

I do take really good care of it and make sure that the straps are at a comfortable level for my DS so there is never any "strain" on them.

It was bought from Kiddicare.

What are my chances of a repair(whole buggy would need to be sent back as strap is fitted to body of buggy) or a replacement? Not quite sure what my rights are and have heard that Kiddicare can be a nightmare to deal with at times.

TIA for advice given

nicolamumof3 Fri 23-Oct-09 10:34:24

kiddicare will probably take the whole thing back they were always ok when i dealt with them in the past, you can normally do it all online.

glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 10:41:53

Thanks nicola have gone through Kiddicare website and have contacted SX to see if its a known fault. Will wait and see what they say.

nicolamumof3 Fri 23-Oct-09 10:56:03

i've heard of these harness braking before i must admit.

glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 11:17:24

Really? Thats good to know! I have emailed SX to see if it is a known fault so will await their reply. Just a mystery as to how it has snapped. Dont really want to have to buy a new pushchair. Hopefully can get something sorted with Kiddicare or SX.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now