Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any views on Phil & Ted's twin (side by side)?

(15 Posts)
Anjelika Thu 22-Oct-09 10:41:03

Hi

I am pg with twins and trying to find the right pram/pushchair to last them from birth to 3 yrs. Our house is a Victorian terrace so doorway and hallway are quite narrow so for this reason I am considering the P&T twin classic as it's the narrowest of the side by sides. Haven't seen one in the flesh - does anyone know who stocks them in the South West? - and am looking for some feedback from some mums out there who've got one or know someone who has.

I know there are some front and back pushchairs out there and for a while I was set on an iCandy pear but I am being put off that by comments on the weight of it and it possibly being too small for twins after the age of 1. If possible i just want to buy 1 pushchair to last the duration, which I managed with my DS and his lovely bugaboo!

Thanks

Anjelika.

NorktasticNinja Thu 22-Oct-09 10:47:06

I've not seen the side by side P&T. But, have you looked the ABC Design Zoom? It's a tandem, can take two car seats, two lay-flat pram bits or two seats and can be forward or rear facing. I considered it for my two under two, I went for the P&T Vibe in the end, but if I were having twins it's be the Zoom. Definitely.

beaniesinthepumpkinagain Thu 22-Oct-09 22:58:38

i have a pear, ds is 28mnths and still happy in there!

I had a go with the p+t side by side recently at kiddicare, its lovely to move felt light with my 2 in Theyre 28mnths and 11mnths, but i just cant handle a side by side easily it seemed huge compared to my slim pear. But the seats are lovely and long, ds was VERY comfortable.

Balamorybaby Fri 23-Oct-09 13:42:38

I have 8month old twins and have tried loads of different twin pushchairs, (although not the P&T side by side as my DH hates red grin)

I would highly recommend the Out n About Twin Nipper, it's so light and easy to move and I haven't met a door it can't fit through yet, even shops with just single ones smile.

accessorizequeen Fri 23-Oct-09 14:17:53

A friend of mine with 2yo twins has a p&t side by side and absolutely loves it. She got it (in oz) because it was narrow (she was v.keen on side by side) and she could use coccoons with it. Has never had a bad word to say about it. I asked on here when I was pg with my dt's and there was someone who had one (and liked it v.much). If you post in multiple births you might get more answers. It is rather heavy tho I think to get in and out of the car. If the nipper fitted, it would be ideal for you as it's so light compared to the rest of them. Tis a bit wider than even the Mountain buggy though (which i have) Wish I could have fitted a nipper through my narrow front door!
I'd agree with you about the pear btw, I looked at it too when pg.

Harimosbroomstick Fri 23-Oct-09 14:21:55

I have a P&T side by side and it's fantastic.

I have a 16 mo and a 2 mo old and I love it because (i) it can use the cocoon (ii) both seats recline independantly (iii) my son's seat is comfy enough for him to sleep in (iv) it's still narrow and light enough to manage.

I think there are probably other options for twins, but for my two - where one wants to be able to it up and look around and the other needs to lie flat, it's a great option. I think, going forward, it will be a great buggy too.

I'd def. recommend it and they go pretty cheaply on ebay - mine cost £77 delivered to my door and came with rain covers etc.,

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 14:23:07

This is what you need I adore mine. I'm had a P&T and had 5 punctures in 11 months, I was told by a P&T stockist I was lucky to get away with so few punctures hmm

The Baby Jogger is narrow and very lightweight for a side by side. Even though it's light weight, you can hang bags off it without it tipping.
It folds very easily too. The website I linked is the cheapest I could find for you. I got mine for £300 inc raincover and delivery smile
They do a gorgeous pale green colour which I wish I'd got. I've got the red, black and cream
smile

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 14:31:29

That's weird, on google it says £279 next to the link but doesn't give a price on the website....
Actually once you've paid for the raincover it will be £300 not £279. Maybe not the cheapest website then.
I would definitely look into it if I were you though smile

Harimosbroomstick Fri 23-Oct-09 14:34:09

Really, Fruitbadlings? I have 3 P&Ts in total, walk a dog 6 miles per day (so not exactly sticking to flat pavements etc) and I've never had a puncture?

I'm going to regret writing that, aren't I? wink

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 14:36:51

Don't speak too soon wink
A childminder friend of mine has always said "oh you were just unlucky" She said it for the last time a couple of days ago, I told her so grin

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 14:38:20

They just use very cheap inner tubes. Best to go out and buy good strong ones when you first buy a P&T - a bit like getting expensive shoes re-heeled/soled when you first buy them smile

Harimosbroomstick Fri 23-Oct-09 14:54:07

I'm a cheapo - bought my first P&T from Ebay and the woman who bought it said the same as you and had put snakeskin inners in the tyres...

I always thought it was a bit hmm to put the price on Ebay up a bit!! but obviously she was telling me the truth!!!

Anjelika Fri 23-Oct-09 21:40:21

The Baby Jogger is 75.5cm wide so too wide for my narrow hallway I'm afraid - that's why I'm keen on the P&T as it's only 73cm.

Anjelika

accessorizequeen Fri 23-Oct-09 23:24:27

MB is 74 I think anjelika, but v.heavy for in and out of car. What about the easywalker duo, did you look at that one? Lighter than MB, might be same width?

weddingcake Sun 25-Oct-09 21:29:41

Easywalker duo is fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now