Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Picked up my Phil &Teds Sport yesterday - help before I buy every accessory going..!!

(30 Posts)
TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 08:57:02

Picked up a brand new Phil and Teds Sport in black yesterday.

It's still sat in my lounge from where we built it yesterday evening looking all pristine a new...and I'd like to keep it that way!

The pack I got included the buggy, the doubles kit (DD arrives in December), the double rain cover and the cocoon. I've also got a single pannier bag that I got from a lovely Mumsnetter ..but I've been on the internet and found lots of other goodies.

I quite fancy some seat liners to keep the buggy clean (my old Silvercross came completely to bits so the fabric parts could go in the washing machine but I gather the P&T is harder to wash and I am lazy blush) and have found some for £32 on ebay...

Ditto a footrest liner to keep that clean (£5)...

I also quite fancy a cup holder - there is now a universal one that will fit onto the Sport - as I intend to go back to buggyfit once DS starts nursery and having a drink to hand would be nice. Costs around £14...

Ooh, and the P&T Nursery change bag/rucksac which apparently attaches to the buggy but I can't see how...

So, am I wasting my money or would these things actually be useful? I've just spent £400 on the buggy. DH will kill me if I spend anymore on some useless tat!

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 10:00:33

Footrest cover is actually £10...worth it?

sazm Wed 21-Oct-09 11:23:19

personally i would buy a buggysnuggle which will keep your eldest warm in the winter but the cover part zips off to be a liner when its warmer,
if you have a cocoon you wont need a liner for that seat just now,so i would wait and buy another buggysnuggle the same when your youngest outgrows the cocoon,

footliner maybe,you wont need it to begin with as when the eldest is on top i dont think their feet will reach the footrest anyway?
then when they go into the main seat you may need it depending on whether your ds is in a buggysnuggle or not,

nicolamumof3 Wed 21-Oct-09 11:27:25

second the buggysnuggle they fit the p&t perfectly.

swottybetty Wed 21-Oct-09 13:33:59

rolf - you sound like me. i have had my vibe for a month now and i am obsessed with kitting it out. before dc2 came along, i was a sling addict and had never had a new pushchair/pram or really got the whole buggy thing. now i spend all my spare time online looking at bags and liners etc.

i have just ordered some liners from snunkie for twenty eight pounds each.

storage is a problem once you've got both kids in it. either in toddler/toddler or baby/toddler you can't access the basket very well. i am about to get a hangbag cause i really do need good access to purse, keys phone. i would consider a second pannier bag.

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 13:58:36

DS is 2.7 and will be 2.9 when DD arrives and I have to put the buggy in double mode. Will he still fit in a buggysnuggle? He's already 93cms tall!

Also, DD should be just out of the cocoon for summer so I didn't think I'd need a cosy toes, which is why I was looking at liners instead

I've seen the snunkie liners. They look very nice. These ones on ebay are cheaper and reversible (cotton one side for summer, fleece the other side for winter) though which is what attracted me...

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 14:48:55

Have ordered the footrest cover. We do a lot of trudging through woods and DS does have very long legs so I think it'll be worth it.

They're here if anyone else facies them...

swottybetty Wed 21-Oct-09 20:40:45

ah, it won't load the pic on the ebay page.

i have never had a buggiesnuggle, so i'm no help re the fit. i have just ordered the P&T snuggle and snooze for ds in the back. dd in the front will just have to get chilly.... tho' i am tempted by a custom blanket to match her custom liner grin grin

i need a LIFE. really, i am obsessed with that buggy ...

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 20:58:10

I've put mine in the car to get it out of my lounge finally! It's poor wheels have still not been off carpet - must stop being so precious about it!!

DS hasn't fitted in his Silvercross Cosytoes for about a year now so I think I might stick with a blanket for him for now and look into liners. DD has a cocoon so she'll be cosy and warm in there for a few months. I might wait till then and see how warm it is.

If i'm going to get liners, I'll want them to match though....

hmm

How can this be so hard?

suwoo Wed 21-Oct-09 21:12:39

I love my P&T, I also have a bugaboo and love that too grin. The coccon is fab, DS2 is currently asleep on the sofa in it. He sleeps in it in his cot at night as he is only a littly. DS1 is 34 months and loves his 'big pram'.

I have these pupabags on mine. Mine is a black sport too. I use one as a blanket in the cocoon so I have a perfect match for both DS's. I also have this bagabottle bag on the handlebar and this drinks holder on the bit where the pannier bag goes.

Thats it for the P&T although my bugaboo is pimped to the max grin

4GHASTLYGHOULSandnotout Wed 21-Oct-09 21:18:50

Ahh i love my p&t sport too grin

I have a pink camo one, with pink fleece snuggles for winter and pink polka cotton liners in summer, matching zip hop pink camo saddlebag for quick trips out and a skip hop duo pink camo for days out, i alos have the double sunshade blush I think i love it too much!

Winter mode

Fully loaded!

swottybetty Wed 21-Oct-09 21:24:57

yup, my liners have to match, tho' i would settle for almost matching with a small but complimentary difference grin. i think a lot of the custom made buggy stuff can look a bit craftsy iykwim, but i have very high hopes for my liners. they are reversable btw. keep an eye on pushcairs talk and i will post a pic once they come....

suwoo Wed 21-Oct-09 21:25:28

4andnotout, I have just sent you a fb friend request smile

turtle23 Wed 21-Oct-09 21:30:46

Which liners did you spot on Ebay? I just bought some and they are RUBBISH...want to make sure nobody else gets them...will have to try and remember who made them. They were cow print hat I bought, but they do lots. Strap bits were totally wrong size, the liners are badly made and don't stay put...
Will look it up and post tomorrow who made them

4GHASTLYGHOULSandnotout Wed 21-Oct-09 21:34:37

Suwoo have accepted you grin

suwoo Wed 21-Oct-09 21:45:01

<<4andnotout and suwoo are busy perusing each others photos>>

wink

sweetkitty Wed 21-Oct-09 21:57:49

I am SO going to get a pink Sport if DB4 is a girl.

I had a red one last time and sold it, next month we decided to TTC#4 sad so will now need another one.

BlairSnitch - have your tried your DS under the front seat when it is in Newborn/Toddler mode with the hood up? Reason I am asking is that a common problem with P&Ts is that the older toddler cannot fit under the hood when in the front, DD2 was 2 1/2 and 90cms when we had it and she just got her head underneath with a cm to spare, I know a friend whose DD was taller and couldn't fit. It's only a problem until the baby goes into the rear seat proper.

getting back to pimping it up, I had a buggysnuggle last time and they are fab, fitted well and look good too, this time I will be getting 2 grin probably pink

As for bags I just carried a rucksack

TheBlairSnitchProject Wed 21-Oct-09 22:14:04

These are the liners I saw on ebay...

We knew DS wouldn't fit under the hood when it's in baby/toddler mode before we ordered the P&T. I was limited by what double buggy i could get in the boot of my Polo though so we went for it anyway. He screams if I try to put a rain cover on anyway so I bought him a little brolly instead

Do you think he'd fit in a Buggysnuggle?

turtle23 Wed 21-Oct-09 22:33:59

Eek. Those are them. They are rubbish.

swottybetty Wed 21-Oct-09 22:49:26

that pupabag is great suwoo. i am having one side of my liners done in a similar pattern.

blairsnitch - dd has also always gone mental at the sight of a raincover. not sure what i am going to do re the p&t. she fits fine under the hood and i dont mind if she gets a bit damp. but what about little ds underneath? when he was in baby mode, the pvc panel protected him - havent worked out a way to keep him dry in toddler mode.

hopefully the snuggle and snooze will protect all but his face and the worst of any rain on face will be deflected by the main seat and hood....

ah, well, a bit of rain wont hurt him.

TheBlairSnitchProject Thu 22-Oct-09 08:01:02

shock but she has 99.9% good reviews!!

Bugger, looks like I'll be needing expensive ones then!

Or the buggysnuggle but I'm still not sure DS will fit in one...

turtle23 Thu 22-Oct-09 08:13:04

TBSP- Tell you what...I'll send you mine and you can see if you like them. Sell you mine for £5 if you like. I didn't send them back as I put one set on my Sport when we went to a wedding with the pushchair and the pushchair looked scruffy. By that time we were already late and just ran...didn't feel I could send them back as I'd used one bit of it for two hours.

TheBlairSnitchProject Thu 22-Oct-09 08:28:30

That's actually quite tempting...

sweetkitty Thu 22-Oct-09 10:32:55

Buggysnuggles are really long am sure your DS would fit in one.

DD2 hated the raincover too I think there was only once that we had to use it when she was in the front seat, she wasn't too happy but it was ok. Once the baby is about 4 months or so they will probably be in the back anyway, DD3 wasn't that long and she had grown out the cocoon by 4 months.

I put the raincover on but kind of put it up and over but not fully on if that makes sense so the baby was covered and most of the toddler, mainly just feet that got wet, you can get a waterproof buggysnuggle as well.

swottybetty Thu 22-Oct-09 12:37:13

ah - but then i'd have to carry the raincover around ... i am quite glad for an excuse to ditch it grin.... i barely have the room for a changing bag as it it. darn storage problem. i had an e3 for a while and at least you could use one of the panniers for the raincover. they don't fit on vibe. there is a vibe base bag you can buy but it is axel mounted and it doesnt look like it fits when the doubles seat is in toddler position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now