Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

The baffling world of phil & teds...

(15 Posts)
MummyWantsANewBag Fri 09-Oct-09 21:59:20

Have been on this website to look at phil and teds and am confused.

We'll have a 16month gap between DC and think we'll get a p&t, though probably ebay second hand unless father christmas is very generous on the voucher front!

So, I have seen the sport and vibe in mothercare, but this site has a 'classic' and I hear tell of a beast called an 'e3'. So, which ones are ok, which are to avoid, what are the differences?

smackapacka Fri 09-Oct-09 22:02:53

Vibe is the newest - know they have a weird brake that is quite unreliable.

Sport is the one you see everywhere.

There is also the dash - think this just has more padded seats...

I'm running dry now. I don't have a P&Ts but considering one. YOu could look on the P&Ts website, but it's a bit 'busy' for my liking.

Good luck!

Kayzr Fri 09-Oct-09 22:04:25

I have the Sport and it is brilliant!! Myabe I am biased but I love it. It is a really good single too.

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 09-Oct-09 22:05:04

I'm sorry I shouldn't really be posting as I know VERY little.

Except that my friend who has 14 months between her two chose the vibe over the sport. Apparently it is much more expensive but is made of something much cheaper (aluminium?) than the vibe so is much more manouverable. I think it also has the break on the handle whereas the vibe doesn't.

Have no idea what the classic or e3 are, but the general feeling I have been able to garnder with regard to P and Ts is you get what you pay for - the more you pay the lighter and more user friendly it is.

(I think!)

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 09-Oct-09 22:07:04

smacka I could not for the life of me work the brake on her vibe when I had a little go on it so you may well be like.

But I have a Maclaren Quest and NEVER use the brake on it so a dodgy brake probs wouldn't put me off...

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 09-Oct-09 22:07:29

be like? be right. Sorry, I am very tired tonight grin

MummyWantsANewBag Fri 09-Oct-09 22:07:53

Thanks guys, I'm mostly interested in what this e3 is? If we buy one second hand its going to be an older one so I guess the e3 is an older model. Just wondering what functionality we'd miss out on if we got the older version IYSWIM?

Kayzr Fri 09-Oct-09 22:08:07

We tried the vibe but were put of when the brake came off and it rolled away from us in mothercare.

whyme2 Fri 09-Oct-09 22:10:18

The classic is the bog standard p&t. We had one. It was good and did the job. The others are more snazzy versions with slight improvements here and there but I don't think there is a lot of differnce between them apart from the vibe which is the top of the range model.

I think.

Fruitbatlings Fri 09-Oct-09 22:10:38

Just make sure, when you buy one, you get brand new extremely tough inner tubes and not P&T ones. I had 5 punctures in 11 months and I've been told I'd been lucky hmm
I have since sold it as I could stand it no longer! Don't say you haven't been warned smile
They are great apart from that, oh and you can't get to the shopping basket with two children in and you can't hang anything off the handle without knocking the child underneath out. That's everything though, it really was lovely apart from those things grin

Fruitbatlings Fri 09-Oct-09 22:12:14

I do know the difference between the classic and the Sport is; you can adjust the handle bar on the sport and you can also recline the toddler seat slightly. No idea about the others and no idea about the e3

NellieTheEllie Fri 09-Oct-09 22:15:18

I think the e3 is the original version.
The next up is the Sport, which is generally the same as the e3 but with some annoying/crap bits sorted out - mud guards, doubles kit reclines, hood bar higher, clip to keep it together when folded etc.
As far as I can work out, the Vibe is an all singing all dancing redesigned version. It is very nice but my view is 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', and the Sport does a very good job.
If you are buying second hand, I would suggest that you go for the Sport rather than the e3.

flame17 Fri 09-Oct-09 22:17:33

I had an E3, it is the version before the sport. The differences are (I think) the handle bar has just two positions and you physically have to remove it to chang the posistion, there are no mudguards on the rear tyres (but you can buy these seperatley) and the doubles seat doesn't recline.
I think thats it, but there maybe other slight differnces. I loved my E3!
HTH

sweetkitty Fri 09-Oct-09 22:21:15

As Flame said grin

the Dash is an upgraded Sport

the Vibe is the new look one, main difference is the brake and you can fold it with the rear seat still attached, my friend who works in a pram shop said they have had nothing but complaints about the Vibe, the brake is dodgy and they have had 3 where the rear seat won't come off and they had to use a hacksaw

The sport does have it's faults but I have had 3 doubles and it is by far the best of the bunch

MummyWantsANewBag Fri 09-Oct-09 22:26:48

Righto, the sport it is for me then!!

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now