Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

About to go and get my new P&T Sport but what do I do about a changing bag?

(14 Posts)
GoldenSnitch Tue 29-Sep-09 13:06:17

DC2 is due in December and we're going to need a double buggy. Have decided on the P&T Sport with a doubles kit as it is small enough to fit in the boot of my little Polo but I've been wondering...

..when you have DC2 laid in the cocoon, what do you do about a changing bag?

I always hung DS's bag from the pushchair handles on the old buggy and it hung pretty much where new baby's head will be on the P&T. I have 1 panier bag already but it's not really quickly removable for changes.

Do I need a rucksac type changing bag this time so I can carry it?

Also, will the Vibe cup holder fit on a Sport? I quite fancy one of those.

sweetkitty Tue 29-Sep-09 17:44:26

I used a rucksack, I seem to remember you can get a bag into the parcel shelf when it is in newborn mode though

GoldenSnitch Tue 29-Sep-09 18:27:22

I'm thinking a rucksac might be the way to go.

Pity, was considering finally treating myself to one of those Yummy Mummy handbag type pretty change bags seeing as this will be my last chance to own one.

They did say the Pannier bags are easy to detach, maybe I'll have a play when the pushchair arrives...

Was told at the shop today that they'll soon have cup holders designed for the Sport (ed of Oct) the Vibe ones don't fit.

GoldenSnitch Wed 30-Sep-09 12:59:35

And good baby rucksac recommendations?

GoldenSnitch Wed 30-Sep-09 16:29:05

I know there are loads of P&T fans on here, can't believe no-one wants to share on what they do for a change bag!

urbanewarrior Wed 30-Sep-09 16:31:45

I used the panniers. Really useful and you can get loads in them. Probably only ever used both of them once or twice though - so you could probably survive with 1. They have a very handy zip bit on the top that you can put your purse etc in.

GoldenSnitch Wed 30-Sep-09 17:14:45

Thanks Urbanwarrior. Will dig out my pannier when the buggy arrives and see how it works.

sazm Wed 30-Sep-09 23:18:38

i just used a normal change bag on mine,with no problems,

jemart Wed 30-Sep-09 23:24:33

Any satchel type bag with a wide strap that is long enough to fit over the handle bar. I had a really great red one that matched the colour of my buggy exactly - £5 from primark!
Sadly it wore out, to be expected from cheapy bags. I now have a lovely denim one, will try and find some pics for you.

jemart Wed 30-Sep-09 23:33:55

For example this would make a good changing bag.
You won't be using the newborn position for all that long, but while you are bag can go on your shoulder or in the buggy shopping basket if it is too much in the way hung on handle bar.

jemart Wed 30-Sep-09 23:37:01

Just had a look at the rest of that ebay shop - they have some nice bags I like this one too

Washersaurus Wed 30-Sep-09 23:39:22

Sometimes I use a pannier bag but mostly I use a Karrimor day sack. The panniers got really worn on the velcro really quickly with all the taking on and orf. It always really annoyed me they didn't put a shoulder strap on the pannier bags.

gruber Fri 02-Oct-09 16:53:44

IME the panniers are a complete PITA to get on and off quickly. I found I needed 2 hands, not very quick release! Use a rucksack or Buggy Buddy

Sandgroper Fri 02-Oct-09 21:01:33

I have an E3 sport which I had to get to replace my beloved Bug Cam (though I still have it as I can't bear to part with it and still use it when I can) when DS2 arrived.

I have a Skip Hop Duo bag which is nearly 4 years old and still going strong. Have travelled all over the world with it and it still looks new. It was also the least offensive bag for a man to use (my husbands words not mine). They have a great long strap which I used over the handles, and it fitted just below the window at the baby when it was in baby and toddler mode. Now I have converted it to have the two seats, it fits over the back of the rear seat with the handle bent (mind you I am only 5 ft tall). When I am using it in single mode I detach the long strap for the short straps (on new style you don't have to do this) and it fits over the handle bar a treat. So can get the bag off with ease when necessary.

Never been keen on the pannier bags myself, thought they are a bit bulky and would get in the way.

Guess it is just a case of finding what works for you.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now