Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pram en with toddler seat. Which one?

(23 Posts)
Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 11:49:33

I am pg with number 2, ds will be 2.4 when #2 arrives. Ds is very small for age however, only on 9th centile and weighs about 10kg.

I have been looking in to buggy options. I have kind of decided there isn't a perfect double buggy out there for me.

Reasons for this are...

I want #2 facing me but not in a car seat on buggy.

I want it to be tandem and not side by side

iCandy almost fit the bill but far too expensive and have heard the seats are very small.

Phil and teds would be perfect if #2 could face me.

Anwyay, I got to thinking and I thought maybe I could get a pram, one with 4 air filled tyres that has the option of adding a toddler seat on top.

Oppinions and recommendations greatly received as I don't know much about prams, just buggies...

Tia smile

Ps - I will probably try to get one 2nd hand as won't be using it for that long...

Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 11:55:22

Where did the 'en' come from in the title?hmm

cookielove Sat 26-Sep-09 12:02:23

this is for a sivler cross

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sat 26-Sep-09 12:03:10

This one?

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sat 26-Sep-09 12:04:40

I have an Emmaljunga buggy with a toddler seat on, but it's forward facing.

Is a sling/buggy combo an option for you?

cookielove Sat 26-Sep-09 12:05:52

and the pram

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sat 26-Sep-09 12:07:01

That one i linked to is pricey though...

Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 12:07:01

cookielove - Is that seat suitable for the more modern silver cross prams? I'm confused, are the modern ones classed as 'hard bodied?

Tafkatheurbandryad - I think i've seen that buggy before... What's it called? Is it expensive? I would guess so grin

cookielove Sat 26-Sep-09 12:11:04

no i believe the seat i linked to the old fashioned pram that is in the second link,

Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 12:14:15

tafka - That buggy would be perfect if I could afford it, shame sad

cookie - That old pram you linked is so nice smile shame it's in Nottingham and I'm in Berwick upon Tweed...

cookielove Sat 26-Sep-09 12:24:00

there are others on ebay, not sure on their location though

kellyatbabyguds Sat 26-Sep-09 12:26:11

This seems to fit what your looking forhope not too far.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sat 26-Sep-09 12:26:51

There isn't one on eBay, even - I checked!

I have to say, I cannot recommend Emmaljunga as a brand highly enough. I have had both the twin and the tandem (both off eBay) and they've both been great. The twins aren't as wide as you think they're going to be, and there is one which faces both rear and forward separately which has started to filter through to the 2nd hand market.

Will have a look on eBay for you when I've done dd's naooy, hang on....

lynniep Sat 26-Sep-09 12:29:19

I believe you can get babydan pram seats that fit on hauck infinitys. (I read that on mumsnet - I've never tried myself)
example

If DS is less than 15kg that should be fine (and I have an infinity - they arent that expensive - I bought mine new 3 years ago for £150 so second hand would be a bargain. They come with both the carrycot/pram and normal seat which can be rear or front facing)

I would have got one of those myself if DS wasnt such a massive lump!

Later on I guess you could then use a buggy board instead or something similar.

Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 13:59:03

Thanks cookie, will have a look although there's almost always nothing close to here sad <middle of nowhere emoticon>

Kelly - That does look good, haven't seen that one before, have put a 'watch' on it although it is quite far away but might find another like it in the future as have got till Marchsmile

Tafka - I ahve heard of emmaljunga quite a lot, do you know if they do a pram with toddler seat and if so what model it is? I would be interested to know what models yours are too...

lynniep - That looks like the kind of thing. Do you know exactly what model of pram that goes with?

Sorry I keep asking everyone for exact models, just worried i'll buy a pram that won't take a toddler seat...

Has anyone actually got a pram + toddler seat? Interested to hear how it's working out.

Dalrymps Sat 26-Sep-09 22:42:35

smile

Dalrymps Sun 27-Sep-09 10:12:25

Come back, I need your MN wisdom!

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sun 27-Sep-09 16:35:19

You can't beat a Bertini imo usually v cheap on ebay too so double bonus :D

Dalrymps Sun 27-Sep-09 21:29:45

Ah thanks for the tip, will have a look on ebay now. Any particular model?smile

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sun 27-Sep-09 21:39:08

The twisty one, can't remember the name now though, will go and see if there's one on ebay to show you

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sun 27-Sep-09 21:46:36

Twisty blush I knew what I mean lol

Something like this one, cgi.ebay.co.uk/Babies-Pram_W0QQitemZ200387949990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL? hash=item2ea80d75a6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 there's a few about on ebay

Olihan Sun 27-Sep-09 21:58:57

If you have a look here there are lots of pics of the Emmaljungas, about halfway down are a few with the toddler seat attached.

There's also one with a Strolli rider atttached - 6th picture down - which may be worth considering.

Dalrymps Sun 27-Sep-09 22:14:57

Thanks for the pic strictly, LOL at 'twisty one' grin

olihan, realy useful pics,especially the ones of the toddler seat on from all angles smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now