Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren XT or a Silver Cross Pop?

(13 Posts)
flame17 Tue 22-Sep-09 21:50:22

I have always been a Maclaren fan, I prefer the XT to the quest as I prefer the bigger wheels, taller handles etc

I have never had a Pop, how does it compare to the XT?

This is absolutley my last pushchair purchase hmm so I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks

carrielou2007 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:13:29

Yuck yuck yuck...

I've had two, same features but rubbish quality.

Was it you (aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago) after a volo?? Only I have the black and hot pink one for sale (sorry if it's not, I'll just blame my pregnancy hormones!!!)

pippel Tue 22-Sep-09 22:18:16

Ive had to use both recently I prefered the xt by a mile

flame17 Tue 22-Sep-09 23:13:02

Yes it was me Carrielou, but I got one, I love it, the shade a babe worked well with it too, thank you. I am just want something with a recline for when DD is ill, which is frequently in winter with her asthma sad.

Looks like an XT then! Thanks

milknosugarplease Wed 23-Sep-09 01:03:53

love the xt! i havent had alot of experiance with a pop but was asking about that or the quest and was told NOT the pop!

XT is looovely

carrielou im a nanny and my mindee's mum MAY be after a volo, how much are you selling it for and where are you?

msdevine Wed 23-Sep-09 01:08:52

I bought a pop only used it for 2 months before buying the large blue and brown maclaren.

I did not like the pop at all but love the maclaren, have had a quest before within 1 year the wheels wore down and could not use.

carrielou2007 Wed 23-Sep-09 07:33:13

I remember now grin I would get the xt, I never liked them but since having the black one I love it. The bigger wheels do really make the difference, I hated the quest (all 4 of them!!). There was a 4 seasons for sale (I think it was sal) on the boards, it was new and good price??

MIlk I am in Somerset (about 20 miles south of Bristol) excellent condition as lives in boot of my car 45 psoted or 38 for pickup smile

milknosugarplease Wed 23-Sep-09 13:48:47

carrielou-is it any good? its for a 5 month old so will it support her?

carrielou2007 Wed 23-Sep-09 16:18:34

Personally I would say I would wait until she is bigger, dd was/is a tall thing and could sit up well by 6 months but I still had her semi reclined at that age.

My CM used a mac triumph as dd was 5 months when I went back to work, she would always go everywhere in the car (obs having abotu 6 kiddies with her and school run etc) to it was brill to put up and down. If you have a main pram for walking and volo for the car/short trips I would say it would be fine??

nicolamumof3 Wed 23-Sep-09 17:29:47

no no no the pop, don't think it compares to xt at all, in terms of quality or nice to push.

more comparable to quest i'd say but even then not so nice to push. i had two just to make sure!! but i still didn't like.

flame17 Thu 24-Sep-09 08:52:51

Thank you all.
I will start hunting for an XT, seriously tempted by the black on black but it's a lot of cash for a pushchair that won't be used that much.

nicolamumof3 Thu 24-Sep-09 12:52:11

black/black is lovely!! im on my second one, i really love it i use it every day now!

flame17 Thu 24-Sep-09 13:44:21

lalalalalala I'm not listening grin
I must resist!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now