Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

smallest buggy (buses/tube) AND good for walking?

(15 Posts)
Umlellala Mon 21-Sep-09 08:26:17

Is it a Maclaren Techno XT? hmm smile Cos I have one but find it hard to push...

Am prepared to sacrifice rear-facing sad but want something cheapish, big shopping basket, ideally one handle, small enough for the tube/wheeling on buses but also easier to push than Maclaren, so maybe air tyres. Oh, and can take a buggyboard.

... am I dreaming? grin

Was considering the Infinity? Would you take it on the tube?

Thank you muchly for your advice x

mrswee Mon 21-Sep-09 12:23:26

Maybe try a bugaboo bee?

Umlellala Mon 21-Sep-09 13:06:08

Thanks, is the Bee easier to push than Maclaren? It doesn't look v sturdy though v small - and rearfacing. Does it take a buggyboard?

Eyeballls Mon 21-Sep-09 13:10:28

I have an XT and a Bee and would definitely use the Bee if I was going on busses. The XT is a great pushchair but it is big and the shopping basket is rubbish. The Bee's basket isn't much better but it's a small, narrow but sturdy pushchair and my 20 month old is very comfortable in it. Very easy to push and nice and swivelly

I haven't got there yet but I'm 99% sure it takes a buggy board.

Eyeballls Mon 21-Sep-09 13:11:08

buses even blush

FlyMeToDunoon Mon 21-Sep-09 13:14:07

Lots of people like the baby jogger city mini
It folds up in a spectacular way and is light. Reputed to be very easy to push too.

MarthaFarquhar Mon 21-Sep-09 13:20:53

XT is great on the buses.

I helped a woman carry her micralite up the tube steps one day, and it did seem very light and compact this one I think.

TheMightyToosh Mon 21-Sep-09 13:22:31

I have a combi dash DX. It weight 4.5kgs and folds in half and half again - super small.

Have pushed it round dog walk (rough ground) every day for over a year and it is still holding up fine.

Has one handle, footmuff etc. The only thing on your list that it doesn't match is the basket - relatively small.

Not sure about the buggy board as I haven't tried one on mine yet.

MadameOvary Mon 21-Sep-09 13:24:08

My Bee is great on the buses, and the adjustable handle means its good for squeezing into limited spaces. Its brilliantly light though and SO easy to manoevre (sp. Haven't tried the others, but I have no complaints about the Bee whatsoever.

IsThisNameTaken Mon 21-Sep-09 13:38:32

I think the only criteria that an Infinty would fit for you is that it's easy to push and can take a buggy board.

I haven't taken mine on the tube but find it much too big for the bus (unless you are lucky enough to be on an empty bus), plus it has a poxy little shopping basket and has fallen apart in less than 2 years!

Umlellala Mon 21-Sep-09 13:49:36

Thanks all.

IsthenameTaken, I wondered that, thank you. My criteria has changed since I first thought about my new buggy (a few months ago - can't buy it til we move into new house sad). Was looking for rearfacing and easy to push first!! Now it's small and easy to push. And decent for shopping.

Think the Bee is too expensive for us.... Micralite looks ugly promising (decent second-hand prices too) but it seems rubbish for shopping? Will try them out. Agh - this buggy search...

NewPinkPup Mon 21-Sep-09 17:17:12

I have the baby jogger city mini, compact when folded, I can get a lot in the basket, and there's a storage bag on the back of the seat unit, you can get a parent console for keys, phone, purse, drinks etc.
I can fold it whilst holding my little one & it handles great out walking, up and down kerbs, across the field etc. Had it on the bus no problem, but I guess that will depend on the public transport where you are as my friend can never get a buggy on the bus as hers are older with about 4 steps up, they don't alloow buggies unless folded, even with tiny babies shock

sazm Mon 21-Sep-09 21:56:25

loola up,really easy and light to push,i've read its great with a buggyboard(so i've read anyway)
basket is decent,not huge though

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Mon 21-Sep-09 22:00:30

It would almost be worth having another child for this.

milkmonster Tue 22-Sep-09 23:17:59

Micralite Fastfold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now