Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

p & t owners - how big was your younger dc when you put them in doubles seat?

(7 Posts)
swottybetty Thu 17-Sep-09 23:19:14

the manual says six months min to do toddler/toddler but i had dd upright in the buggy config of travel system and five months. cant imagine keeping ds flat at six months.

whyme2 Thu 17-Sep-09 23:24:20

My youngest dd was about 4 and a half months when she went in the second seat.

Meglet Thu 17-Sep-09 23:25:56

DD was 4 1/2 months as the lie flat part was getting a bit too snug for her. The back seat of the sport reclines a bit, she wasn't very upright.

Firawla Thu 24-Sep-09 13:36:13

i was wondering the same as someone told me they had a problem between 3-6 months that their dc was too big for newborn thing but too small for double seat and they had to solve it by making older dc walk!?
has anyone heard of that same problem, or you have found the newborns thing to be okay until able to put them in the other seat? i couldnt make ds1 walk the age gap is not enough..

LisaJasper Thu 24-Sep-09 13:43:02

I put mine in at just over 3 months, he was pretty small for his age but very active and inquisitive, and so got incredibly fed up in the lie flat part, I've got a sport which does recline slightly, and I didn't think it was much different to a bouncy chair. I did put a lambskin in for more comfort and tried not to leave him in there too long if he was sleeping, but I thought that was much better than leaving him to cry just to keep him lying flat!!

norksinmywaistband Thu 24-Sep-09 13:43:38

I had DS in the front seat slightly reclined 4.5 months, DD was sat in the back . Made more sense to me as DD kept wanting to hop out and walk. I never swapped them as they were both happy with that configuration and DS had more head support in the front. I have a 14 month gap

SJisontheway Thu 24-Sep-09 13:54:56

DD2 went in at just shy of 4 months and was just fine in it. She napped happily back there and was not completely upright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now