Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

One buggy for everything, big basket, good wheels

(10 Posts)
LennyW Thu 17-Sep-09 14:31:44

We were really happy with our Graco buggy for DS1 - she's 3/12 and it's just getting to the point where it's completely clapped out.

It was similar to the current Graco Mirage travel system - I guess just an older version - small enough to throw in the car boot but big enough to do the grocery shopping with.

We want something similar for No. 2, due in February, but DH says the "wheels on the Graco were too clattery". Can anyone recommend a good buggy (around the £150-£200 mark) or travel system that is:
- fairly light, like the Mirage
- has a really good-sized basket suitable for grocery shopping
- doesn't have to be umbrella fold
- has good quality wheels.

I love the McLaren XLR but the basket is way too small. I've looked at the Graco Vivo but it's far bulkier when folded down than the Mirage.

Any comments appreciated.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Thu 17-Sep-09 22:24:17

I have a Lebruss Take Off Buggy (featured on The Apprentice), which folds up so small, it's fantastic !! It also has a big bag on the back instead of a basket which I find much easier.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Thu 17-Sep-09 22:28:50

Here is the link for the Take Off Pushchair. It is £175 on Amazon (may get one cheaper on eBay). It is also available in 3 colours.

LennyW Mon 21-Sep-09 09:25:05

Thanks ChunkyMonkeysMum - I'll check it out. I've been ogling people's buggies all weekend - I think people must think I'm a bit weird.

Tinkerisdead Mon 21-Sep-09 09:33:27

lenny not that I have advice on the buggy as i have a farkaboo cham. But if you say you were oogling buggies, I've been doing the same at double buggies and if i see one i like, ive stopped the person. They dont think your weird at all, most people seem flattered that you like their buggy. I bet its the same as men and their cars. I think most mums appreciate that its a key purchase and are more than willing to let you have a good look. my friend even let me take home her Obaby stroller to roadtest once!

NeedCoffee Mon 21-Sep-09 09:52:37

i've got this one in pink, you can get the matching bag, cosy toes, car seat etc.

I've had no problems with it, pretty big basket, only not great points are it doesn't fold up umbrella style, and the shoulder straps are not clip in, they have to be placed in then fastened iyswim. Apart from that, I think its a fab pram, They have gone down in price too, you could probably get the set for about £120 And feel free to come test drive mine wink

LennyW Tue 22-Sep-09 13:00:07

Thanks very much, NeedCoffee. Actually, I had seen that one and am thinking about it, so thanks again.

Haylstones Tue 22-Sep-09 13:08:32

Over the past 5 years and 2 children I have trieda huuuuge range of pushchairs, ranging from Graco travel systems, umbrella folds, M&P and now this one albeit in red and without the car seat bit. It is by far the best pushchair I've ever used- very easy to push, fab wheels, huge basket and surprisingly light. I sing its praises to everybody I know. Only downside is the bar rather than individual handles (to hang book bags, lunch boxes etc on) but I suppose that's down to personal preference.When I bought mine it was less han £50 for the main pushchair bit (without car seat)

Sammia Tue 22-Sep-09 15:27:18

How about the Nurse Run 4?

I opted for Babystyle Oyster in the end but my friend has the Nurse and for a chair in the £150 - £200 bracket it is fantastic.

LennyW Thu 22-Oct-09 11:18:42

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now