Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Question re Britax Vigour 4

(10 Posts)
SabsBigPants Thu 17-Sep-09 13:52:42

Can the Britax Vigour 4 pushchair be used from birth without the need for a carrycot and car seat and also can it be changed to face me from birth as well without the need for carrycot and carseat? (I hope that makes sense!)

I already have a maxi-cosi carseat so if I do buy this pushchair it will be without the carseat.

Thanks in advance

kellyatbabyguds Thu 17-Sep-09 15:41:12

The 2009 model can as it is a lie flat system facing both ways.

SabsBigPants Thu 17-Sep-09 18:52:04

Thanks Kelly

Anyone have any feedback about this pushchair, positive or negative?

claret1980 Thu 17-Sep-09 21:17:44

I think you can only use a Britax car seat with this pushchair.

kellyatbabyguds Sat 19-Sep-09 10:08:42

You can only use this pushchair with the Britax car seat. We have had really good feedback on this in store the 3 and 4 wheel versions have been our top selling pushchair and everyone seems really happy with the product when they come back to visit us after a few months. Even though it is suitable from birth we still have a lot of people buying the carrycot to go with it.

trixiechick Sun 11-Oct-09 11:10:02

I'm one of them! Big britax vigour 3+ fan. I bought carrycot because its a lie flat car seat and my parents live four hours away. It was a godsend althoug. h she's about to outgrow it now. We have used the seat as much as the carry cot and if you didn't need the carry cot for long journeys in the car you would be fine with the ordinary buggy seat.

BertieBotts Sun 11-Oct-09 11:27:26

Trixie do you know that using a carrycot in the car is nowhere near as safe as a car seat? You can lessen the effects of the upright position of the car seat by stopping once every 2 hours and just taking the baby out of the seat for 5 minutes.

Sorry if this comes across as interfering, I will butt out now

trixiechick Sun 11-Oct-09 12:07:58

its ok bertiebotts I did LOADS of research before I got it and the Britax car seat is one of the only ones (well the ONLY one I could find) that were up to scratch safety wise. It has a roll bar and is built like a tank. Its perfectly true that they are not as safe but Britax has made one that is.

BertieBotts Sun 11-Oct-09 12:38:15

Oh you are correct in that one - sorry I thought you meant a general carrycot.

kellyatbabyguds Tue 13-Oct-09 11:41:41

The Britax one is actually the safest seat on the market for a newborn baby, even beating the cabrio with an isofix base

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now