Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

can somebody explain the harness on m&p luna mix?? very confused!

(15 Posts)
rosiest Wed 16-Sep-09 22:12:47

Ok so I bought a luna mix for DS3 who is now 1. Was great when he was small but i can't work out the harness? is it floating? what does this mean?
I can't put him in there currently as the straps fall down his arms and he can attempt to climb out!! Obviously not what you need!
Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or is it just rubbish? grin

MatNanPlus Wed 16-Sep-09 22:44:27

Yes, it is mean't to allow the child freedom from being pinned to the backrest <rolls eyes>, not being funny but have you tightened all the straps so they fit snuggly to his body?

Now it is getting cooler you could put the harness on and then his coat/jumper over the top?

suiledonn Wed 16-Sep-09 22:48:17

Hi rosiest, I have an 03 Sport that has the same harness. DD2 is 10 months and I don't like the floating harness. Even when it is tightened she sort of bounces around in the seat.

I have put a seat pad that ties on to the buggy in and threaded the harness through, it makes it more like a normal harness and she is more secure.

hth

BertieBotts Wed 16-Sep-09 22:56:48

The harness goes on like reins, just attached at the bottom of the seat, so it needs to be very snug. He shouldn't be able to get his arms out but he should be able to move around IYSWIM.

I prefer them and attached reins to my buggy to make it like the M&P harnesses! Funny how we all prefer different things

rosiest Thu 17-Sep-09 07:28:48

thanks for all your help smile
It was fine until he could move but now its a nightmare! I think I may need to tighten the straps bertie, i suppose i'm only used to having normal straps which don't need to be so tight.
I like the idea of coat over the top matnanplus.
Suiledonn - where did you get the seat pad - this sounds like a good plan. I really like the pushchair in every other way so its a shame that i can't use it at the moment because of this!
Thanks again - perhaps i should have researched a bit before just impulse buying it because it was pretty blush

MatNanPlus Thu 17-Sep-09 21:23:23

Rosiest seatpad/pram liner for Luna Mix on the M&P website. also had some on the Luna page.

MatNanPlus Thu 17-Sep-09 21:24:31

Also saw a toddler today without the shoulder straps on, just the tight waist strap done up but have to say he could reach over the side and touch the wheels <yuck>

sweetkitty Thu 17-Sep-09 21:27:28

We have a Lunamix and DD3 loves it, she goes mad if she is in a normal harness.

I agree you have to have the shoulder straps done up very tight so they are snug against the shoulders like reins.

MatNanPlus Thu 17-Sep-09 21:49:51

You could sew on a loop of elastic at shoulder blade height(at the back) to keep the straps on his shoulders?

SingingBear Thu 17-Sep-09 21:54:09

Message withdrawn

BertieBotts Fri 18-Sep-09 09:37:58

I think they only work well if the pushchair has a bumper bar. If there isn't a bumper bar, you could get one of those toy bars which clip/screw onto the front. I just kept going into every charity shop/secondhand shop I could find until I found one, I see them everywhere now cheaper than the one I got!

rosiest Fri 18-Sep-09 09:57:50

thanks matanplus - got myself a liner which made a slight improvement to the straps, i think i may go with your idea of sewing elastic. have also tightened them but he still managed to let them off his shoulders!
it does have a bumper bar bertiebotts, but i find it gives him something to hold onto when he is trying to climb out!!
Thanks for all your comments - i don't know if maybe i just have a monkey child who loves to climb?! grin
I find it a problem when doing the school drop off as i have hands full of book bags, lunch bags, coats etc etc and if he then is trying to climb out it is dangerous and i just don't have enough hands!
I see the idea of the harness but surely the idea of strapping a child in a pushchair means the shouldn't be able to just shrug off the straps and climb out?

mamadiva Fri 18-Sep-09 10:17:18

I had an M&P 03 sport which has no bumper bar and a floating harness, DS loved the fact he could move 'freely' and I like the fact atht he was happy in it.

We found that you had to make straps as tight as possible (without harm obv. ) around the shoulders and the waist to keep him in securely.

rosiest Fri 18-Sep-09 10:24:55

I think i still need to tighten them more, as he can still get his arms out, but i am worried about making them too tight!

MatNanPlus Fri 18-Sep-09 11:10:47

they should be like a car seat strap, with you just able to slide a finger between strap and childs chest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: