Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Britax Strider or Hauck Infinity? Help which do I choose?

(7 Posts)
tutu100 Wed 16-Sep-09 21:12:44

Have been given some money to buy a new pushchair as mine is really on it's last legs. I would like it to be able to rearface, but it also need to be suitable for walks in the Forest.

I think I have narrowed my search to either the infinity or the strider. I prefer 4 wheeled puschairs, but haven't had a 3 wheeler before (except a zapp) so don't feel I can really compare.

My only worry with the infinity is that the small front wheels won't cope with bumpy terrain. Can you have it so the large wheels are at the front?

What do you think, or has any one any other suggestions? Can't really go much over £100.

SabsBigPants Thu 17-Sep-09 13:45:56

bumping this thread as the Britax strider is on offer in Argos at the moment for under £100

ConnorTraceptive Thu 17-Sep-09 13:54:46

I have an infinity which I love. It handles really well. The big wheels are always at the rear though regardless of front or rear facing

lynniep Thu 17-Sep-09 13:58:58

I honestly can't tell you anything about the strider. never seen one.

I can tell you that our infinity has done us proud until now, with a few issues. DS is 2 and a half, and is looking a bit big for it, but should still be fine for a while.

It is really easy to push, and fine on bumpy terrain - although I havent taken it over anything bumpier than a farmers field! I think it would be fine, its quite robust.

No you can't reverse the wheels - the smaller ones are always at the front. You can only reverse the direction of the seat.

The issue I had - which may be relevant as the winter is on its way, is that the waist strap is not big enough when the child is wearing bulky clothes. (This may have changed - we bought ours in 2006) Even when DS was a baby if he wore a snowsuit it was a bit tight on him. Its not so bad now as he doesnt wear all-in-ones so can have his coat over the belt. But it is a bit silly.

Also it has a good recline, but wasnt 'upright' enough for him at top position. A cushion of course can remedy this.

The basket is ok, not really big enough for anything other than a raincover and a few other items.

But the seat is nice and roomy, and ours has the rubber footrest which is great.

Am trying to thing of anything else that may be useful...

oh - the footmuff was great (although he's too long for it now - actually he's too long for most footmuffs now). I like the way it zips either side - and theres plenty of room in there and it comes high enough to cover.

ConnorTraceptive Thu 17-Sep-09 14:08:26

I agree about the straps actually too

AvadaKedavra Thu 17-Sep-09 14:09:29

I'd go for the Strider as you want really offroad capabilities and a 3 wheeler will always be better for that. But I do love Inifinitys

tutu100 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:15:21

Thanks. I think I was probably veering towards the strider as it really does need to cope with rough terrain, although there is a 2nd hand infinity going near my Dad, so I am tempted to try that and then if I don't like it I can sell it and get the Strider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now