Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Bee - advice on accessories and where to buy please

(11 Posts)
Lee36 Tue 15-Sep-09 10:50:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

citybranch Tue 15-Sep-09 22:03:51

Hi, have used the Bee from birth and I think it is fine with the cocoon. DD is not 4 months though and I've moved her into the footmuff now, or just using the back of the footmuff as a liner.
The raincover doesn't fit the maxi cosi - you have to get a separate one for that. It is easy to fix the maxi cosi on though....but you need the bee adapters. Personally I got mine secondhand on ebay so i have all the extras. The only thing is they are quite small for an older child, but they have good resale value and are lovely to push and simple to fold!

horsemadgal Tue 15-Sep-09 23:48:34

The seat is quite tricky to remove, well until you get used to it anyways.
You have to remove the seat unit to fit the car seat on. I never put the car seat on the buggy anyway so doesn't bother me but think that would be a nuisance if did want to.

The Bee nest is so cosy, I didn't use Bee until DS was about nearly 3 months though. He grew out of nest at 6 months. Worth watching eBay for a second hand one but expect to pay about £30 min, but you'll get most of that back if resell.

Not sure where cheapest/best place to buy new right now. Always a Mothercare 10% code floating around though.

citybranch Wed 16-Sep-09 01:20:16

horsemadgal - do you have a current mothercare code? I need 10% off!

horsemadgal Wed 16-Sep-09 09:45:22

This one should still work:
10% off when you spend £100 at Mothercare, use code PK9, offer ends 30th November 2009

Will look and see if any more if under £100.

Tweetinat Fri 18-Sep-09 16:48:15

Just to clarify, you don't actually have to remove the main seat unit to have the carseat on if that's a dealbreaker for you...

horsemadgal Fri 18-Sep-09 17:24:11

Oo Tweet how did you do it? I never managed it.

charliebrownsmum Sun 20-Sep-09 15:56:01

you can fit the carseat on with the seat unit in place, just lie the seat flat and clip on as normal. I think you may need to flatten the wings.

Don't buy from Bambino direct, i paid over £500 for a bee package and never got it, had to claim through my credit card company. They are a total nightmare. They offer the cheapest prices because they never actually send the items.

I have never taken m y bee on a flight, it's too precious!! If i was flying with it i would definitely buy the travel bag.

My DD is 4 months and still comfy in her nest, i have just taken the head hugger off. I think it's fine for newborn, the nest makes it very cosy.

I totally love it, my favourite pushchair ever!!!

horsemadgal Sun 20-Sep-09 17:36:12

Have you the thin winged one CharlieBrown? I've only tried with the thick winged one, wonder if that makes a difference.

charliebrownsmum Mon 21-Sep-09 09:17:17

yes mine is the thin winged one, they just fold down underneath the car seat.

allaboutme Mon 21-Sep-09 09:21:41

i fitted the car seat on with the thick winged one. just squashed them right down!
i also used from birth (its lovely and comfy when flat) with the cosy toes rather than the coccoon. It was fine and ds still fits in cosy toes now (19 months) so got lots more use than the coccoon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now