Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Suggestions for lightweight rear facing buggy please?

(14 Posts)
FreddoBaggyMac Mon 14-Sep-09 16:45:15

Please could someone recommend a rear facing buggy/ pushchair that is light and easy to manoeuvre to it can be pushed one handed?

I have an icandy pear which was great while it lasted, but I'm now going to sell it as my two year old is happy to walk now. I've converted the pear to a single for my four month old, but it is impossible to push it and hold my two year old's hand at the same time!

So please recommend a super-lightweight buggy (must be rear facing) - many thanks!

nicm Mon 14-Sep-09 17:04:10

hi our teutonia spirit s3 is super light to push with 1 hand. is heavy to lift in and out of the car but great to push, has a massive seat and is forward or rf.

FreddoBaggyMac Mon 14-Sep-09 17:05:07

Sounds good, haven't heard of that one before and I'll check it out - thanks! smile

AvadaKedavra Mon 14-Sep-09 17:05:20

bug bee

FreddoBaggyMac Mon 14-Sep-09 17:10:02

Are the bug bee's really good? I've heard a bad report on one from a friend! can they be pushed with one hand?

lydiathetattooedlady Mon 14-Sep-09 18:25:57

i have the out n about nipabout, its so lightweight i can steer it fairly easy with dd also on buggyboard! without her on the board it is sooooooooo easy and light. i love it.

lydiathetattooedlady Mon 14-Sep-09 18:26:31

ooh it also not heavy at all to lift in and out of car.

FreddoBaggyMac Mon 14-Sep-09 18:57:39

Looks great lydia, and cheaper than the bee... think I may go for that one!

kellyatbabyguds Tue 15-Sep-09 13:19:37

The Briax Vigour fits the bill on this. I find it so easy to push with one hand and is easy to lift in and out of the car

kellyatbabyguds Tue 15-Sep-09 13:27:46

The Briax Vigour fits the bill on this. I find it so easy to push with one hand and is easy to lift in and out of the car

FreddoBaggyMac Tue 15-Sep-09 15:50:37

Thanks kelly - that's another one I haven't heard of! Will look into it now...

CarmelaDeAngelis Sun 04-Oct-09 17:47:38

These are rearward or forward facing - and look incredibly like the bugaboo gecko - without the price tag!
www.pramworld.co.uk/category/522/Firstwheels_2008
I looked up some reviews and found them quite favourable - I hadn't realised this was a good dutch pushchair - and evidentally the quality is high.
only £99 - made me buy to try!
I'm not sure how lightweight they are mind - you might want to follow the link to the manufacturers website to see the details.
I think they are cheap as firstwheels have given their latest prams a makeover - they have all these brushed metal finishes to the hoods and seats now - so I guess the "older" (yet still very modern!) ones are going cheap. wink

ChasingSquirrels Sun 04-Oct-09 17:53:01

I had a BabyStyle but it is basically the same as the Britax Vigour. The 3 wheeler.
NOT lightweight, and a pain to get in the car. But a dream to push, single handed not a problem at all.

I used mine round the village and left it up in the garage, only put in the car if we were going to country park etc.

sazm Tue 06-Oct-09 00:05:55

i have a loola up and its fab,really easy to push one handed,
folds pretty small too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now