Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How long did your baby fit in the cot part of a convertible pram?

(15 Posts)
SuiGeneris Sat 12-Sep-09 06:34:39

Hi everyone. We are looking at our first pram/pushchair and it seems that most pram attachments/cots are quite small. I am concerned that the baby will not fit in them comfortably past 4 months. What has your experience been and could anyone tell me of pram/pushchairs with larger cot attachments, please? Many thanks.

oopsacoconut Sat 12-Sep-09 07:33:06

My DD was in hers until 9 months but only when she was asleep as she could sit herself up. I have to say though she is tiny. I have a Maxicosi Mura3 and the carry cot is longer than most.

sazm Sat 12-Sep-09 09:00:36

if you want to get good use from it,then get one which has an adjustable backrest so lo can sit up a little,
my baby didnt want to lie flat in the pram from about 8 weeks,it upset him if he was flat (except for sleeping obv)
our pushchair lay flat then i could sit him up slightly when he was awake,

mogs0 Sat 12-Sep-09 10:26:09

I had an M&P 3in1 and ds was in the carrycot for approx 5 months. It had a slightly tilting backrest, though I don't remember using it much! Also, I used the carrycot for the first 2 months instead of a moses basket so he had a fair amount of use out of it.

suiledonn Sat 12-Sep-09 10:31:32

We have a Siver Cross Sleepover and dd2 was in it for over 5 months for daytime naps. Had to watch her constantly though and take her out as soon as she woke as she was starting to pull her self upright and I was afraid she would fall out.

She is quite petite though.

dinkystinky Sat 12-Sep-09 10:37:46

Have quinny buzz - both boys fitted in the carrycot until they were 4 months old and then were too big for it. Mind you they are both chunky and rather tall.

BertieBotts Sun 13-Sep-09 16:30:54

I didn't use a carrycot as my buggy went perfectly flat in buggy mode, but I started putting DS in the semi-reclined position rather than totally flat at about 4 months as he was becoming more alert and wanting to look around more. This was a parent facing pram though - if I had a 2 in 1 rather than a 3 in 1 I think it would have been different.

castille Sun 13-Sep-09 16:41:32

I had a Bebe Confort pram with carrycot that all my DC used. My biggest baby was in it for 6 months. They don't still make the one I had but I would look at the Bebe Confort range as they seem to have bigger carrycots than most.

scattykatty Sun 13-Sep-09 16:51:08

I have a Bugaboo Cameloen and I had my DS in the carrycot for 7 months, until he could sit up really well. I really really hate people who put babies in car seats instead of the carrycot as it's really bad for their little backs, so I left him in the carrycot for as long as I could basically

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 13-Sep-09 16:54:13

dd was in hers till past 1 because we were waiitng for an SN pushchair and she couldn't sit. by 1 her legs were hanging out.

NaccetyMac Sun 13-Sep-09 21:30:09

DS2 is in his still at 8 1/2 months, and he's a big lad! It's the Bebe Confort Calypso. He's not got loads of room, but he's very happy in there - gives him more freedom! He has reinson though!

nicm Sun 13-Sep-09 22:03:00

ds used his until he was 6 months. could have got longer length wise but he was too nosey!! was teutonia fashion carrycot on spirit s3.

Grumpla Tue 22-Sep-09 08:19:48

My son is 16 weeks and is now a bit big to sleep overnight in his carry cot (the Dreami on a Quinny Buzz) as he thrashes about in his sleep and bangs his arms on the sides. Still fine for short journeys & daytime naps though and I am hoping he will be okay in it for another month or so. It has been a godsend this summer as the car seat is too hot and sweaty (plus I don't like him being in it for too long) and it has a mosquito net that zips onto it which has been brilliant for camping & early evening strolls in bug-ridden Scotland when we were there in August.

My friend has a M&P pram - not sure of the model, sorry! - where the seat unit has a cream padded insert and lies flat to make a cot, that is a great pram and if we hadn't been given the Quinny that's the one I'd go for. It has a great 'inbetween' stage between flat and totally upright - only downside is you can't have the chair facing you.

If you're planning on being out and about during the day and going away a lot and you want something for him to sleep in without taking a travel cot AND a pram, it's worth going for a carrycot IME. But if you are more likely to be doing short journeys (and I'm assuming you're going to have a winter baby) then I wouldn't spend a lot on it. I bought mine second-hand on ebay for £40 (would have been nearer £140 new).

hettie Tue 22-Sep-09 13:56:19

till about 6-7 months I think, after that he wanted to be able to see. We had a bebe confort windoo, and they are quite big, also safe for nightime sleeping so we used it as moses basket too.

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 22-Sep-09 14:02:20

Have an M&P Xcel Ultima system. (traditional carrycot with an interchangeable seat unit) DS3 3 is 9 months and still fits in it and slept in it all night till about 3 weeks ago when he started to sit up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now