Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

how to clean a p&t sports?

(9 Posts)
sunglasses Thu 10-Sep-09 19:44:56

Anyone know wether you can remove all the fabric bits from the frame to wash them properly? I usually just scrub it and hose it down in the garden but its could do with a proper wash as I will probably sell it soon. Please tell me how and what comes off, I cant seem to work it out!

LackaDAISYcal Thu 10-Sep-09 19:51:22

On the main seat you need to take the handlebar off and also there are a couple of screws underneath that need to come out; then the fabric slides off the top.

The toddler seat is just fastened on with poppers, and I've never taken the basket/foot bit off

pingapengin Thu 10-Sep-09 19:54:12

Ive taken mine off, was a mission, you have to unscrew it all, was touch and go to it fitting in the machine, but it did. Just.

sunglasses Thu 10-Sep-09 19:56:29

Thanks. Can you wash it in a washing machine? or would hand washing be better. Mine is a beige colour- how I regret that decision, so it is looking a bit worse for wear now. would be good to take the foot bit off and the basket too. Does anyone know if this is possible?

bamboo Thu 10-Sep-09 20:01:59

You can buy replacement covers so they must all be removable. I've replaced my E3 shopping basket and that was just poppers but I know the sport is different as I ordered one of those by mistake first.

Am toying with the idea of slinging mine in the machine too (is apple green hmm). Let us know how you get on!

sunglasses Thu 10-Sep-09 20:06:17

Thank you Pinga we must have posted at the same time. Yes it does look a bit of a mission but I think it needs some tlc. Cheers for that.

sunglasses Thu 10-Sep-09 20:13:49

where can you get replacement covers- they are not mentioned on the p&t website?

LackaDAISYcal Thu 10-Sep-09 20:38:53

I got my replacement covers direct from the UK distributor as the original ones started disintegrating within 3 months of me buying my sport.

I would contact the distributor, Out'n'About, directly, although I have seen spare covers on ebay and some other websites; groovystyle being one of them although they have taken them off their listings but can still get them for you.

bamboo Thu 10-Sep-09 22:14:10

I got mine from Practical Pushchairs but as LackaDAISYcal has said these seem to not be listed here either now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now