Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

A couple of question about doubles.....advice needed

(10 Posts)
lilysam Wed 09-Sep-09 11:53:23

Early days but baby due next spring and DS will be just 2. A great walker....but not necessarily in the direction i want him to go so think the buggyboard will have to wait!

~Will everyone recommend £400plus prams?? Way too much for me

~I like the idea of the p&t (and have seen Obaby cheaper version) but does the child 'underneath' not hate not being able to see??? Or am i mad for thinking this?

~Are there any (reasonably priced) doubles that you can attach a carseat too? Never did this with DC1 but when DC2 came along found it very useful to carry on with normal day today routines, school runs etc....or does baby just get used to being dragged backwards and forwards to car & pram?

I have a bigger gap between 1&2 so have not had to consider the 'doubles' aspect before. Have a decent size car boot so I'm not bothered about size etc..

Please share your wisdom.

EldonAve Wed 09-Sep-09 12:28:29

kid in the back is fine in a P&T
you can attach a car seat too if you buy the adaptors

lilysam Wed 09-Sep-09 17:04:38

Thank you - which car seat do you need??

wonka Thu 10-Sep-09 00:02:28

Smyths have the P+T classic for £299

weegiemum Thu 10-Sep-09 00:05:07

I had 2 that were exactly 24 months apart, then a 22 month gap.

I never had a double!

I carried smaller child in a sling and then in an backpack, and had a buggyboard I hardly ever used.

(just couldn't get my head around paying so much for a pram. We only ever had a reclinnign buggy type thing that cost £70! Backpack was best buy - it was £120)

Groovystyle Thu 10-Sep-09 11:35:54

Message withdrawn

sazm Thu 10-Sep-09 13:31:06

i would def recommend a phil and teds,
i had one and it was great,
will last ages an have a good resale value too so you will def get your moneys worth,

norktasticninja Thu 10-Sep-09 13:37:07

I have a Phil&Teds too. I din't like it much TBH, but it's definitely the most practical option.

Egg Thu 10-Sep-09 13:54:43

Jane Powertwin and Icandy Pear both tandems that take car seats. I have Powertwin as had 22 months between DS1 and DTs. Both are quite expensive though but can be bought second hand (need to sell mine btw!).

I used Powertwin for first 16 or so months then moved onto double Nipper which is by far easier to push than Powertwin, but cannot take a car seat and also may not fit through your front door.

lilysam Fri 11-Sep-09 11:03:52

thanks for the advice...will surf and look into all of these options

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now