Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

iCandy Peach - testing it out!

(12 Posts)
Cyrille Tue 08-Sep-09 13:06:40

I have been testing out the iCandy Peach since March; I have to say I’m very pleased with it. So I thought I would write how I'm finding it.

My son is 2 ½ years old and my daughter is 5 months old. It’s easy to assemble. All the different combinations of seats are great. My daughter has been very comfy in her carrycot and I am now thinking about putting her into the seat instead of the carrycot. Its so easy to push I’m really impressed with how easy it is. Fitting down shop aisles in shop doorways is not a problem and it is really sturdy. I love how I can just pop the car seat on the back and have my daughter facing me and my toddler facing outwards. The shopping basket is a decent size too and the brake is easy to put on and off. The handle height can be adjusted at the click of a button and it copes very well on all sorts of terrain, I live in a rural area and there are no pavements or smooth tarmac around my home and the children have had a smooth ride when I have been out walking.

It is a really good pushchair.

MrsBadger Tue 08-Sep-09 13:20:56

have you compared it to the Pear at all?

Cyrille Tue 08-Sep-09 19:17:38

Yeah I had a look at the Pear Last October because at the time i was thinking of buying one and then I went to the baby show and thats when i was asked if i would like to test out the new Peach.

So the differences are with the Pear the children can face the parent I would say that is the only plus for the Pear.

The peach has a smaller adaptor to convert it into a double its easier to collapse and its lighter. Oh and the seats are slightly bigger I think thats it.

It is a shame the children can't face the parent but thats only thing I would say other than that the Peach is 10 times better than the Pear.

smackapacka Tue 08-Sep-09 19:23:22

How big is your older child? I ask because my 18mo old looked MASSIVE in the pear with no head room if the hood was up. Put me of what looked like a great pushchair.

Cyrille Thu 10-Sep-09 19:13:20

He is about 95cm tall. On the Peach you can move the hood up further if your toddler is a bit tall.

Laurajackandlolasmum Sat 12-Sep-09 18:53:56

other pear plus is BOTH seats fully recline no matter what seat combination forward or rear facing, the peach doesnt allow that!

I have a 26mnth and 10mnth old in my pear, both very comfy and nap happily in it!!

illgetyoubutler Sun 13-Sep-09 16:38:34

ooh, i was so excited when i heard the peach was coming out. i originally heard it was an improvement on the pear, although a spokesperson from icandy has denied this, saying that the peach is to complement the pear, and offer a different option/choice alongside the pear, not to improve on it iyswim. after waiting ages, i start to do my research on the peach and loved everything about it, except the price tag!!, and had my heart set on it, until i found out that the seats are forward facing only!! i was gutted! it wouldv been perfect for me! lighter minimalist frame. larger seats. adjustable hoods. perfect for the city and me. but i have my heart set on rearward facing seats more, so pear it is for me! i like the pear. was so impressed when i was given a demo, the only down side is its heaviness. oh well!

beaniesinthebucketagain Mon 14-Sep-09 23:37:52

im used to the weight now, its hefty but i have a 28lb and 22lb children in there, i have to get up 4 steps to my front door, thank god for those lovely great big back wheels and the suspension, its not too tricky, ive never woke the children doing it either! grin its only hard work when ive popped to market for fruit and veg, and then tbh i pop the kids out then get it in, love my pear it is perfect for me! has a better basket than my huge single too!

mammychildminder Tue 15-Sep-09 10:51:01

i went to try peach out yesterday and ordered it there and then! couldnt believe how much smaller than the pear (and the apple) it is. sat my 2.6 yr old in it and she had plenty of room, she looked much comfier than in the pear. cant wait to get it now, could be as early as 1st oct! lot of money but well worth it i think plus i only actually paid £80 more than the price of the pear. would have preffered rear facing option too but carseat and carrycot can both be rear facing so at least child faces parent when little.

sp74 Tue 29-Sep-09 19:59:07

i have just ordered the i candy peach (single version ) and will be ready november hope baby dont make a sudden appearance (due dec 17th) it was lovely to push and easy to fold and carry i got the bag too coudnt resist lol will be paying for it for the next coupe of years though i think i got a good deal on it hope i dont find it cheaper else where

sweetkitty Wed 30-Sep-09 12:10:57

Oh this is interesting, have been looking at the Peach blossom for May next year, I will have a 22month old and a newborn.

A lot of what we do is in and out of the car, wonder how you get on with this, it looked ideal as I could carry the baby in the car seat in and out the pram/car and have DD3 at the front.

How do you find folding/unfolding it?

I have had a P&T before and wonder how it would compare.

The price is putting me off a bit too

alijoca Tue 03-Nov-09 15:56:57

Hi
I am new to mumsnet and realise that this message is quite late, but going to put my name down for the peach blossom delivered at the end of the year as I think that it far outweighs the Phil and Ted Vibe.

I just have one problem which Icandy can't seem to fully answer so hope someone who has tested it out can help -

my toddler has just turned 2 and is by no means tall, but his head touches the top of the frame in the peach - when you move the hood up does the raincover adjust with it? and will there be a gap between the top of the seat and the hood?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now