Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What fits in the boot of a Ford KA?

(12 Posts)
dizzymac Mon 07-Sep-09 16:22:20

I'm looking for a rear facing ( if possible) pram, suitable from birth and that I can occasionally attach a car seat to.
The problem is that it needs to fit in my Ford KA boot.
This is number 3 and the 1st time I have been able to drive. In the past I've always had a good walking pram. I'm confused this time round.

dizzymac Mon 07-Sep-09 16:31:21

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say the budget is no more than £350

PrincessToadstool Mon 07-Sep-09 16:33:55

Bugaboo Bee?

norktasticninja Mon 07-Sep-09 16:36:30

I've had a Bugaboo Chameleon and a Phil&Teds in ours. Not at the same time, obviously.

You can get a reasonable sized on in as long as the wheels are detachable.

dizzymac Mon 07-Sep-09 17:16:29

I thought about the Bee and Cameleon but I don't want to spend that much if I can help it. I don't really want anything as big as the P&T ( and I don't want to use it again smile)

norktasticninja Mon 07-Sep-09 17:21:00

Second hand bugaboos are often available at bargin prices, well over here at least. I'd be surprised if you could couldn't get a Frog (old model but live the cam) within your budget.

I'm not one for labels at all but bugaboos are a fantastic example of functional design. Really they are.

dizzymac Mon 07-Sep-09 17:26:18

I had a Frog for DD2. I was hoping for something a bit less obvious this time. I'm a bit of a pramaholic but this time I won't have the money to fund my cravings. I want to get it right 1st time( I know that's unlikely to happen).
I quite like the Jane Solo reverse. I have a Slalom so thought that may be ok with the new Strata seat.

norktasticninja Mon 07-Sep-09 19:19:01

No idea about Slalom I'm afraid, I've managed to keep my addictive personality in check where prams are concerned grin It very nearly went wrong with nappies though...

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 07-Sep-09 19:20:10

one pair of winter boots ime

flipsy Mon 28-Sep-09 17:10:33

I had a ford ka with my second child and chose an out n about nipper (single). It fitted into boot easily, but i had to take the wheels off( only a 2 second job and very easy). Loved the pram and now they are even better because the front wheel can be fixed or swivel.

flipsy Mon 28-Sep-09 17:11:31

sorry its forward facing!

littlelozz Tue 29-Sep-09 14:55:53

ICandy Apple fits in the boot with the wheels off - seat unit fits too if you jiggle it about a bit
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now