Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

pramaholics please advise me!

(7 Posts)
thisisyesterday Sat 05-Sep-09 20:48:16

not that i am buying another pushchair or anything like that,. ooooh no.

but i just happened across a beautiful teutonia double on ebay and realised how much i want a rearfacing double for my 2. sadly ebay one is collection only and too far away for me to get
we currently have a mountain buggy, but i do miss seeing them both and chatting to them

aaaaanyway, my question is, are there any other rearfacing doubles like that? side by side ones?

nicolamumof3 Sat 05-Sep-09 21:04:48

first wheels?

thisisyesterday Sat 05-Sep-09 21:07:50

yes, just came across that on google lol

i quite like it, although it looks like it could be harder to push? i don't have twins, i have a 22month old and a 3 month old

any thoughts on that?

thisisyesterday Sat 05-Sep-09 21:09:50

oh also there is a first wheels twin on ebay that's quite near me, but the foam on one of the bumper bars is all torn.
does anyone know if that's easily replaceable?

Verity79 Sun 06-Sep-09 12:29:52

Hi TIY,

I've got a FWCT and I love it! One of the reasons I was happy to have a 3rd baby! I actually can't wait to get to use it again! It will turn around in the lift in Boots and fits in Primark and Next lifts which are tiny. I have had no problems getting it on the no.1/10/20 bus and it even gets on a no.2 bus with a umbrella buggy there as well. (If anyone else is wondering why I'm being so specific about which lifts/bus it's because TIY and I live in the same area).

You will only need the one bumper bar as the way they come off means you would swing part of it through DS2's legs. The bumper bar is only really usable to about 9/12 months depending on the length of baby's legs.

I did have stop using it when DD1 was coming up 3 as she was too heavy - it was exascerbated by DD2 being so tiny in comparison - so it would veer off to DD1's side. If your DCs are more of an equal weight when DS2 is 15kg then you could probably use it for longer. DD1 was 15kg+ and DD2 was about 6/7kg so that really was uneven weight distribution.

Oh as a extra plus FWCT can carry a lot of shopping on the handle bar and in the baskets. I just got some cheapo buggy bags to fix to the back of the seats to keep the raincovers/spare blankets in rather than taking up space in the baskets.

If you ever blow a tyre out go to the cycle shop near Natwest and they will fix it for you really cheaply then and there, they even managed to fix the tyre without waking DD2 after I ran over some glass! Plus they are fine about you nursing in the shop grin if DCs do wake up!

thisisyesterday Sun 06-Sep-09 20:53:10

hmmmmm interesting... I did almost send you a message on FB last night to see if you still had the FWCT and wanted to loan/sell it lol

BUT
i have just seen the stroll-air! and i WANT it now.
unfortuantely it seems to be quite unavailable everywhere atm and i don't even know if i can get it shipped to uk.
but dp has said i can have one if i sell the rest of my pushchairs! raaah

stroll-air

Verity79 Mon 07-Sep-09 09:25:28

That looks like a really nice double I understand your need to have it! I like the big hoods (my main peeve with the FWCT is the hoods aren't especially generous - they are bigger than the Infinity I had before but I've been spoilt by the huge hood on the Loola Up now). If they just made the Loola UP as a double I would be in fits of exctasy.....

If you want to have a look at a FWCT in real life let me know and I'll set it up for you (chassis is currently in garage and seat/carry cot is upstairs).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now