Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy for a 3yr old. would the Volo cope with more than 15kg??

(8 Posts)
lolaismyfavoriteandmybest Thu 03-Sep-09 23:15:47

I think I'm going to have to replace my back breaking shopping trolly steering Hauk sport.
I want something that goes when you push it and preferabbly in the direction you point it in! not a lot to ask!!!! dd is 3 but has muscle weakness so I imagine she will be using it for another year or so and we have a 20 min walk to school so I'm going to have to sort something out....

I was thinking of a Volo but dd is already nearly 15kg (the listed max weight) Would it cope???? I see bigger kids folded into pushchairs all the time who must be over 15kg and that seems to be the maximum on the maclarens.

pleae share your experiences and help me avoid buying unsuitable pushchair number 4!

nicolamumof3 Fri 04-Sep-09 13:43:01

i think you will find a volo hard to push, i'd recommend something with air tyres tbh a mb or a nipper? if you want a stroller type the XT is much better maclaren for older toddlers

ramonaquimby Fri 04-Sep-09 13:45:15

we have a v old volo (6 years) and it's v v hard to push with my almost 3 year old in it. the wheels are quite small. she weighs 32 pounds

can you look around some charity shops?

lecohen Fri 04-Sep-09 16:08:08

Hiya,

My Volo copes amazingly well with my almost 3 year ol6 (this month)

Think she is about 12.5 kgs

lecohen Fri 04-Sep-09 16:08:31

*old

carrielou2007 Fri 04-Sep-09 17:10:17

My volo is fine and dd is a tall lumpand is 2.9. Yes it is much harder than with the xt, used it whilst out today and was also loaded with shopping and was fine?? The wheels are small but I like the fact that if she walks (which she does all the time!!) I can fold it and carry it over my shoulder easy peasy.

Plus, my volo was on the for sale board as already have 3 pushchairs for splodge not yet born grin black frame and hot pink grin

crokky Fri 04-Sep-09 17:14:25

I have a maclaren triumph, which I think is the next model to the volo. DS is 3 and very tall, he is over 15kg and the buggy itself is fine, but it is quite hard to push.

shivster1980 Sat 05-Sep-09 20:02:30

We had a volo but my son was 16kg aged 2years 5 months! I am tall (6 Foot) don't know if that makes a difference but I found it a real ar*se to push. Bought a Baby Jogger City Mini and wish I had bought this as the first buggy! This is still a comfortable push and a generous seat on the odd occasion he is in it now, saving it for child Number 2, whenever he/she may be. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now