Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Mini Product recall

(13 Posts)
missusp Fri 28-Aug-09 15:22:46

Just seen this on twitter.
Definately check your pushchair item number and product manufacturer date.
This is a US recall but these pushchairs travel the globe!

AvadaKedavra Fri 28-Aug-09 18:58:59

I have been trying to get the info off their website for ages but the .pdf isn't loading up, have emailed them to see if there will also be a UK recall too. Will post back any answers

laraeo Fri 28-Aug-09 19:13:28

The pdf on the website is the same as the link to the twitter post from missusp.

It looks like they'll mail out a replacement buckle thing with installation instructions.

My guess is that the strollers for the UK market would have the same potential problem - from what I can tell the only difference is the short straps with snaps from the seat to the frame and the hook closure to keep the stroller folded shut. I got mine in the spring and it was made in China.

Damn.

sammysamsam Wed 09-Sep-09 12:16:48

Just checked my product number, and it's one of those listed [shock!] called them y'day and it was their 'labor day'!yep, i called the states..only cos i cant seem to find a uk number for em.. any ideas anyone?

sammysamsam Wed 09-Sep-09 19:24:13

Just for info, the UK number to call re. above recall product is 0160 335 2500 just got it from BJCM CS in the USA

sammysamsam Wed 09-Sep-09 19:24:50

doh, typo! its 0161...!

lexysmith Wed 09-Sep-09 19:38:21

Gosh... I've always thought that clip was rubbish - its come undone a few times - but never thought much about it.

I love my city mini but I really don't like the harness - I find it really hard to get the straps on and off - my DS always seems just a bit slumped and uncomfortable... anyone else agree or is it just me?! Tried to think of a way to fit the McClaren harness in it instead but brain failure occurred.

sammysamsam Fri 11-Sep-09 18:36:48

lexy i absolutely detest the harness too- way too fiddly, and the clasp is pants too. the slumped thing happend with my kids too- mainly cos the seat has no 'upright' setting- that's the only thing that annoys me, but it's still a joy to push, fold and soo light too.. and i still like to demo the 'folding' thingie to anyone who is willing (and not willing...) to look!

mamadiva Sat 12-Sep-09 15:38:46

Just checked mine and it is one of those listed, I've never had a problem with the harness though but I just clipped it together and pulled either end and tugged it quite roughly and it did'nt come undone so am assuming it's fine!

Agree though about the harness being a bit annoying, I don't like the way it attaches to the back of the seat always thought those hooks don't look to clever!

sammysamsam Sun 13-Sep-09 15:15:14

mama i got the new clasp today- it's bigger and looks a tad easier to fasten cos there's more of it to hold iykwim.. i'd recommend you ask them for one tbh, then you can decide. all they asked from me was the serial number of the buggy and that 61700 or whatever code.. came next day via special courier tracked delivery in a massive bag witht he teeny clip inside(!)..

sammysamsam Sun 13-Sep-09 15:15:57

err..typo..didn't get it today, got it the day after i ordered.

kmann Fri 02-Oct-09 19:57:55

Hi, my biggest problem with this pushchair is that my daughter can't sit upright in it. Has anyone else worked out whether you can attach a different harness altogether to see if that helps??

shasbod Sat 17-Oct-09 12:23:38

my prams away at the manufacturers for examination following fabric fault. i asked my retailer about the harness fasteners and was told definately a u.s only problem i told them mine comes undone very easily and thats going to be examined as well. all i want now is my pram back all fixed and safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now