Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Stroller with big seat

(6 Posts)
Scottie22 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:01:51

Hi
Wondered if anyone could help. I've got a 2 year old dd with low muscle tone - she walks but tires easily and so will need a pushchair for a few years yet. I had a Chicco Multiway which had a good sized seat but with really short straps so had to sell it as they wouldn't go around her with a coat on! I have an old Maclaren Techno which is on its last legs.

If anyone has any suggestions would be very grateful!!

Thanks

differentID Mon 24-Aug-09 21:02:37

I would say get another Techno.

LightningBolt Mon 24-Aug-09 21:07:52

I have a sn child and from perusing the sn threads McLaren do a Mclaren Major pushchair which is large.

It IS expensive,though,about £250 new before accessories,but you can get them second hand off Ebay.

Does she have physio input/They may be able to loan you a sn pushchair or a wheelchair for free.DD has a diddy wheelchair.Like your lo she has low tone and does walk short distances,but we got referred to wheelchar services who offered choice of buggy or chair.

reallywoundup Tue 25-Aug-09 12:06:45

have a look at the maclaren techno xlr, cosatto diablo, obaby apex- all of these have wide seats but are standard 'buggies' hth x

mankyscotslass Tue 25-Aug-09 12:29:18

Techno XLR or try the Jane Energy.

Scottie22 Tue 25-Aug-09 20:17:05

Thanks for all your suggestions - will have a look at these ones. Think another Maclaren might be best as our current one has done us well so far. Not sure about the sn pushchairs just yet - but if she does need one eventually Maclarens seem to have good resale value on ebay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now