Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

lf pushchair with big wheels

(6 Posts)
teenytinypontipine Mon 24-Aug-09 19:23:03

Hi all

As the title says I am looking for a pushchair with big wheels and have no idea what brand to look for really so would welcome any advice. Am currently pushing my one year old around in a Bugaboo Bee, which I love and has been great but the wheels are soo small. We live in Switzerland so are geting on and off trams a lot and the small wheels are a bit of a pain as even in the low rider trams they get stuck in the tiny gap. We are also doing a fair bit of walking off road in the countryside now and again, though the Bee has been great and we have had no problems as such, I think bigger wheels would make life a bit easier.

Would also like a handle bar as opposed to two separate handles and a reasonable size compartment underneath for toys/shopping etc.

Have had a look at the micralite but have read a lot of reviews about the front wheels snapping off; don't know if I should read too much into that though as I have also read a lot of people have had problems with the wheels on the Bee and I have had no problems with the Bee at all.

Thanh ttp

teenytinypontipine Mon 24-Aug-09 19:23:22

*thanks

5inthebed Mon 24-Aug-09 19:27:16

I've had three micralites, and I thought they were all fab. Really light to push one handed. Never really had any problems with the front wheels.

teenytinypontipine Mon 24-Aug-09 19:31:09

oh thanks 5inthebed, they do look good from what I have seen online. Is there any one micralite you would recommend over the others? Thought the Toro looked pretty good?

5inthebed Mon 24-Aug-09 19:34:58

I've only had the fastfold, but found it to be really good. It doesn't have much of a recline, but it never bothered any of my dc. The hammock style seat is very comfortable for them.

This is DS3 fast asleep in his when he was 5 months old. smile

teenytinypontipine Mon 24-Aug-09 19:45:46

Great pic grin looks really comfy. Don't really need much of a recline as our wee boy doesnt seem to like napping in the pram much these days. Will have a proper look at the fastfold this weekend inthe pram shop. Thanks a lot for the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now