Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do any of the P&Ts fold with the 2nd seat on?

(11 Posts)
letsblowthistacostand Mon 24-Aug-09 03:11:20

And if not has anyone traveled with one and gate-checked it? Will be doing A LOT of travelling soon, need a double stroller but not sure how gate-checking works if your stroller has to come apart...

lulalullabye Mon 24-Aug-09 04:09:59

Yes the new vibe does. We have travelled a huge amount with the sport and have a carry bag for it. It all just folds down, wheels off and in the bag. Practice though before you go !

letsblowthistacostand Mon 24-Aug-09 04:31:57

Thanks, it would be the most expensive one!

Did you gate-check the sport or check it at the desk? I need something to get us through the airport(s)--may be travelling on my own with 2!

Harimosmummy Mon 24-Aug-09 06:01:59

What about the twin?

surely that folds?

I'm looking at travelling quite a bit with newborn and 1YO so hope you don't mind if I lurk smile

nicolamumof3 Mon 24-Aug-09 06:40:10

i would get a travel bag if you are travelling alot to keep it all together and safe tbh.

recently at gatwick we had a good 15/20 min walk from getting off the plane to baggage reclaim, im so glad i had sneaked my zapp on board as it was a lifesaver!

lulalullabye Mon 24-Aug-09 11:33:23

We always take it all the way to the gate, and then hang around outside the plan and they bring them to the gate at the other side.

Happy travellin smile

letsblowthistacostand Mon 24-Aug-09 17:51:21

Hmmm not sure I can manage taking wheels off etc in that situation. <sigh> DD1 will be 3.5 so I don't know if we'll even need a double anyway, but she's kind of lazy AND I need somewhere to carry DD1's carseat. Nobody seems to be selling Vibes off cheap at the minute either.

Thanks for the info ladies, if anyone can suggest a pushchair which will enable me to get 2 kids, 1 carseat and one carryon through 2 or more airports I'd appreciate it!

5inthebed Mon 24-Aug-09 18:30:49

What about a Zapp frame with a maxicosi car seat? That'll be really light to push and small to fold as well, maybe small enough to be classed as hand luggage

letsblowthistacostand Mon 24-Aug-09 23:49:04

Should have said, DD2 is 13mo so already out of the infant seat. Have got a gorgeous very light seat for her but need a way to carry it. Longest leg of the trip is 13hrs, DD2 does not sleep in arms so needs somewhere to get comfy, hence the carseat.

My plan is: double buggy, DD1 in buggy, DD2 on my back, carseat & carryons in second buggy seat. DD1 a seasoned traveler, knows not to run away in airports but can't be trusted to walk esp after long flights and given to high-powered whining.

NaccetyMac Thu 27-Aug-09 11:37:59

I used to put the doubles seat on the top - it folds in that position.

Knickers0nMaHead Tue 01-Sep-09 20:58:29

The sport does fold with the double seat on! hmm I have never had to take mine off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now