Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Good travel pushchair suitable from birth?

(4 Posts)
elk4baby Mon 24-Aug-09 00:13:03

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a travel pushchair that would be suitable from birth. My DS is 4 months now, but I really do want to have a pushchair that can recline to a horizontal position, so he can sleep comfortably in it. We already have a really fab pram/pushchair for everyday use (Mutsy 4Rider Light , which I'm really happy with, but it's a bit heavy for going on holiday.
Now, all we need is a lightweight, easiy to fold, reclinable to horizontal pushchair for travel. Ideally, I'd prefer for it to be rear-facing, but this seems to be rare with travel pushchairs.
I've looked at a few, such as the Maclaren Techno XT - this is fine and is probably one of the better options, but I'm not a big fan of the 'horn'-like handles hmm. Are they really as good as a single?
I really like the Baby Jogger City Mini, but am not sure if it's the best for travel. The fold is great, but is it a bit too heavy for travelling? What do you think?
Other suggestions?

Qally Mon 24-Aug-09 00:15:40

We have a Silver Cross cheapie - it's just over 100 quid. Reclines low as he was 5 months when we got it. Very basic and not that robust, but good for planes/Eurostar.

elk4baby Mon 24-Aug-09 12:55:09

Has anyone taken the BJ City Mini on holidays (i.e. on airplanes)? How is it for travelling?

nicolamumof3 Mon 24-Aug-09 14:19:31

i think the xt is a fab pushchair, the tilting hood and uv shade is great for sunny hols or for light rain without using a r/c. they are great for young babies and older toddlers they go on forever.

i've had lots of maclarens, i've had four xt's in the last year, i sell them then end up with another!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now