Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

suggestions for a one handled pushchair please

(12 Posts)
tiggsy Wed 19-Aug-09 14:24:07

hi, expecting number two and have decided a single handled pushchair would be much easier. had silver cross 3d with dd but found it far too heavy when she got bigger and got rid of it. just want one that is easy to push around, especially if i have my dd along too!

mankyscotslass Wed 19-Aug-09 14:30:38

I love my Jane Nomad, but it is big! You can get the carrycot bit for that so the baby faces you for a while.

I still use it for my large 3 year old when I have to, it's light and easy to steer even on handed.

tiggsy Wed 19-Aug-09 16:18:32

my sis has the jane powertrack 360 and i really don't get on with it. have found the front wheel spins and brake doesn't work. do you have the same problem with the nomad? don't mind actual size of pushchair as i'm lucky enough to have a tardis like boot on my car! have fit two pushchairs (my silver cross and a hauck) in at the same time!

izzybiz Wed 19-Aug-09 16:24:10

have a look at the Micralite Toro.
One handed pushing is easy!

mankyscotslass Wed 19-Aug-09 17:12:01

The Nomad is the 4 wheel version, I've not had any problems with it so far, my big 3 year old loves it because he has loads of room.

It's just the standard bar footbrake on it, no faffing with handbrakes.

In saying that I did love my Powertrack till the front wheel fell off. And I had a Powertwin. blush

Not to mention several others.

Marne Wed 19-Aug-09 17:14:24

I have a jane powertrack, its very easy to push but is very big.

robino Wed 19-Aug-09 17:23:11

Second the Micralite suggestion. Can push it one handed with 1 year old, fairly heavy DD2 in it while walking with DD1 (2.7) and a pulling dog. 'Tis fab!

notevenamousie Wed 19-Aug-09 17:24:52

Mountain Buggy Urban.
Best money I ever spent!

OmicronPersei8 Wed 19-Aug-09 17:28:30

Here's a sideways suggestion: the Chicco Trio4me, but just the buggy not the whole system. It is a reversible umbrella fold, with an extra bit to fit on the handle to make it one-handled.

tiggsy Thu 20-Aug-09 08:52:47

quite like the chicco as loved having my dd facing me in the early months, was thinking of britax vigour 3+ or mothercares new excursion as well as a jane one..

AvadaKedavra Thu 20-Aug-09 18:54:12

Luna/Ora
Bugaboo (any)

?

tiggsy Thu 20-Aug-09 20:01:59

fell in love with the luna mix at baby show but saw some terrible reviews. don't like the bugaboos...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now