Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Light pushchair that can withstand a 40 min walk in the wind and rain

(13 Posts)
makedoandmend Sun 16-Aug-09 19:57:06

Until I learn to drive I'll be walking 40mins back from the CM three nights a week in the wind and rain. I've got a Loola at the mo but it's too big and bulky to take in my worklift's car along with her stuff. Plus sometimes I'll have to take the buggy out of the car at work and take it too my desk when colleague has appointments. Storing isn't an issue but carrying it upstairs is!

Have looked at a couple of very lightweight buggies but they all look a bit like they'd be blown away - as it is very windy around here.

Any recommendations?

PrincessToadstool Sun 16-Aug-09 19:59:03

What about a Maclaren? I have a Quest and it's pretty light but sturdy and easy to push. It has a handle for carrying or a strap, whichever you find easiest, I took the strap off as it was in the way of the basket [fussy emoticon]

makedoandmend Sun 16-Aug-09 20:33:08

Did you look at all the Maclaren's before you bought the Quest? I can't really see the difference between them (but then I haven't really studied them) [lazy emoticon]

GirlsAreLoud Sun 16-Aug-09 20:35:16

I would recommend a Quest too as that's what I've got and love it.

How old is your child though? YOu might be better off with a triumph, I think they are lighter but recline less so better for older children.

Sawyer64 Sun 16-Aug-09 20:40:28

I've got a Triumph,sold my Techno which I loved.I got this as more lightweight,has a Carry Handle,and does reclines a little.

My DD2 is 2.10 and its ideal for her.I use it in the Wind and Rain,and have no problems with it.

makedoandmend Sun 16-Aug-09 20:46:08

Ooh sorry that is quite an important bit of info isn't it. She's 8mo blush

PrincessToadstool Sun 16-Aug-09 20:47:03

Not really makedoandmend, a friend had one so I tried it out, but the price helped the decision.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 16-Aug-09 20:48:22

I would probably for for the Quest over the Triumph if she's 8mo. My Quest has a carry strap and a carry handle and I find it quite easy to lug upstairs even with DD under my arm.

makedoandmend Sun 16-Aug-09 20:58:20

Is that the Quest sport or mod (I hate it when there are different ones to choose from - I always think I'm missing out on something!)

PrincessToadstool Sun 16-Aug-09 21:00:40

I have the Sport but I think the names just relate to the covers [knows nothing]

Choice made on price - Sport was £110 in Mothercare, the others were £140.

pebbles79 Sun 16-Aug-09 21:02:21

I'd go for either a Jane Carrera or Jane Nomad.

bruhaha Sun 16-Aug-09 21:04:37

mamas & papas aria - i got one about 6 months ago and it's great - very lightweight.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 16-Aug-09 21:08:05

The sport is cheaper and just has plain colours rather than patterns but I think the actual pushchair is the same.

I had an Aria which I got good use out of until it just disintegrated in my hands one day when I got it out of the boot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now