Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any thoughts on the M&P Luna?

(14 Posts)
ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 16:10:14

I've always liked the look of this buggy and have been considering looking for a 2nd hand one for my son...

but whenever I look up reviews, people seem to love it or hate! And its so difficult to make a decision on that..

I hear things about the harness, but that doesn't worry me too much, coz all M&P are like it...

People also say they can tip backwards?

Can anyone "in the know" advise?

thanks x

EyeballsintheSky Sat 15-Aug-09 19:50:19

I had an original Luna, without the adjustable footrest although it did have a bumper bar and it was fab, so smooth to push and, although it was quite big when folded, it was flat so didn't take up much room in the boot. It definitely would have been better with the adjustable footrest dd looked a bit perched on the seat. I had no issues with it tipping backwards; can't see how it would as the way the chassis is, the weight is at the front.

Anyway, I loved it and only got rid because DH gave me a buggy ultimatum

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 19:55:00

I bought one for when my ds3 was born in November. It is a lovely pram, but really not suitable for a newborn baby as, like you have said, has a tendancy to tip, even with just a pram bag on the handle. It tipped once when my 3 year old held onto the handle. Luckily thugh ds3 was unharmed, and stayed asleep through the whole thing.

Now for a toddler I think it would be great, lovely spacious seat, big hood, lied down lovely, bumper bar for toys. You'd still need to be careful about what you put on the handle bar though, unless you bought some buggyweights, or kept something heavyish in the basket.

Really nice to push though.

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 19:58:23

thanks for the responses girls..

Love it but also love the Hauck Infinity...

xx

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 20:05:15

How old is your DS?

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 20:24:28

he's 10 months in one week...

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 20:30:48

Personally I'd get an infinity then so you can have him facing you smile.

Do you walk mostly or get the car? If you get the car a lot, then maybe a luna would be better, as easier to fold.

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 20:37:57

hmm...

well, I walk a lot when I can be bothered!! lol! I stopped walking so much when I sold my P&T and dd had to resort to walking everywhere! It took me ages to get anywhere and she got tired, so I started driving more...

I currently have a Ziko Frankie/Alfie which I like a lot and bought because I had had one previously with dd but I want something funkier and comfier for him - then when he's a bit older will probably revert back to a stoller type again... maybe

He doesn't sleep too well in it and sits awkwardly.

I've got a pretty big boot as I have a Renault Scenic so not TOO worried about the size when folded...

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 20:39:48

Then get an infinity. You can fit a buggyboard on for your dd as well if you need to.

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Sat 15-Aug-09 20:42:55

I have a renualt scenis and a pink luna

lve it, fold and unfolds easily
isn't overy heavy to lift in and out of boot

I can easily fit it and a weeks chopping in the boot

or it, dog and some shopping grin

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 20:49:53

oh god...

lol

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 21:13:41

thanks for all your help - its a tough call, but I think I am gonna go for Whimsy's gorgeous lime Infinity.

x

5inthebed Sat 15-Aug-09 21:17:53

If you don't like it, I'll buy it off you wink

ScarletKitty Sat 15-Aug-09 21:20:26

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now