Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren XT techno V's M&P cybex topaz: advice please.

(11 Posts)
shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 15:05:49

Wanting to get a new pram for ds.(2 yrs)
Narrowed it down to the techno XT and the cybex topaz.

any views/opinions..?

Im only 4ft 11 and think the XT may to be high (although have tried it..testing in a shop is different to everyday use..), also anyone know how high the m&p one is as can't seem to find handle height.

TIA x

EyeballsintheSky Thu 13-Aug-09 16:02:43

I'm 5' 2" and the Techno is slightly too high for me. I still love it but am aware of feeling slightly like a child pushing a shopping trolley

Haven't tried the Cybex but I really really like the look of it.

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:24:04

hmm...I can't decide..hmm.

Also love the look of the m&p and their cs tell me the height is adjustable but don't know height..hmm.

Like the techno as well but never had a maclaren and mner's seem to rave about them...

so at 5ft 2 and its slightly high I guess too high for me...<sigh>

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 19:27:09

i would say it would be too high too, the quest would be better for you, they are my fave maclaren buggy and i think i've just about every one!!

i've currently got apples quest in grey/orange and black xt. im 5'3 and the xt is quite noticeably taller than the quest.

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:37:28

ah right...not noticed the quest..maybe because of colours.? ideally wanted black and I think only found the techno xt..

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 19:38:20

i like bright buggies so i love my apples quest. then i have black xt too so best of both worlds!!

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:39:28

I would love a bright pram but always end up with a plain coloured one..hmm.grin

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 20:30:50

these are some of mine...

www.picturetrail.com/nicolaspushchairs
don't have them all now obviously! but as you can see many are colourful!

kellybelx Thu 13-Aug-09 20:53:16

i have a cybex Onyx in my frontroom this evening is thats any good...any questions let me know x

CarGirl Thu 13-Aug-09 20:56:24

def too high, are maclaren doing a ryder model at the moment as it has shorter handles than the xt. I'm 5' and the XT is horrid to push after a little while.

I've heard poor reviews about the cybex but heard they've relaunched it with different handles so may be better?

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 22:02:32

thanks cargirl smile.
Nicola, you are as bad as me with buying prams grin.

kelly, perfect...how high is the handle.? looking at m&p they say its adjustable but I can't find the height.
Im short so need somthing fairly low...is it a flimsy pram..? have you seen a maclaren xt to compare to..? seen an xt today but yet to see the m&p one.
tia x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now