Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Maclaren XT techno V's M&P cybex topaz: advice please.

(11 Posts)
shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 15:05:49

Wanting to get a new pram for ds.(2 yrs)
Narrowed it down to the techno XT and the cybex topaz.

any views/opinions..?

Im only 4ft 11 and think the XT may to be high (although have tried it..testing in a shop is different to everyday use..), also anyone know how high the m&p one is as can't seem to find handle height.

TIA x

EyeballsintheSky Thu 13-Aug-09 16:02:43

I'm 5' 2" and the Techno is slightly too high for me. I still love it but am aware of feeling slightly like a child pushing a shopping trolley

Haven't tried the Cybex but I really really like the look of it.

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:24:04

hmm...I can't decide..hmm.

Also love the look of the m&p and their cs tell me the height is adjustable but don't know height..hmm.

Like the techno as well but never had a maclaren and mner's seem to rave about them...

so at 5ft 2 and its slightly high I guess too high for me...<sigh>

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 19:27:09

i would say it would be too high too, the quest would be better for you, they are my fave maclaren buggy and i think i've just about every one!!

i've currently got apples quest in grey/orange and black xt. im 5'3 and the xt is quite noticeably taller than the quest.

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:37:28

ah right...not noticed the quest..maybe because of colours.? ideally wanted black and I think only found the techno xt..

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 19:38:20

i like bright buggies so i love my apples quest. then i have black xt too so best of both worlds!!

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 19:39:28

I would love a bright pram but always end up with a plain coloured one..hmm.grin

nicolamumof3 Thu 13-Aug-09 20:30:50

these are some of mine...

www.picturetrail.com/nicolaspushchairs
don't have them all now obviously! but as you can see many are colourful!

kellybelx Thu 13-Aug-09 20:53:16

i have a cybex Onyx in my frontroom this evening is thats any good...any questions let me know x

CarGirl Thu 13-Aug-09 20:56:24

def too high, are maclaren doing a ryder model at the moment as it has shorter handles than the xt. I'm 5' and the XT is horrid to push after a little while.

I've heard poor reviews about the cybex but heard they've relaunched it with different handles so may be better?

shhhh Thu 13-Aug-09 22:02:32

thanks cargirl smile.
Nicola, you are as bad as me with buying prams grin.

kelly, perfect...how high is the handle.? looking at m&p they say its adjustable but I can't find the height.
Im short so need somthing fairly low...is it a flimsy pram..? have you seen a maclaren xt to compare to..? seen an xt today but yet to see the m&p one.
tia x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: