Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Has anyone found a buggy board that fits the ICandy Cherry?

(18 Posts)
alittleteapot Wed 12-Aug-09 14:30:20

Just been to John Lewis and they said there isn't one. Obviously I will investigate further but thought I'd start here. We've also got a Maclaren and I was hoping in an ideal world to get a universal buggy board that would fit both. But it would be good to establish if there is ANYTHING that works with the Cherry for starters.

TIA...

alittleteapot Wed 12-Aug-09 15:09:10

Have emailed iCandy so will let you know what they say in case of interest to others, but presumably they won't be promoting universal buggy boards not made by them so if anyone knows of one that fits I'd still love to hear.

PrettyCandles Wed 12-Aug-09 15:11:38

My friend has one, a very clever one with a seat for the toddler. It can be slid along the bar at the back of the buggy so you can vary your pushign position and not get strained. Unfortunately she's on holiday right now so I can't ask her. It's not calleda buggy board, so I can't even google it for you.

Sorry smile

LionstarBigPants Wed 12-Aug-09 15:12:49

This thread would suggest that the buggyboard is an option. Am interested too as we have the Cherry and DC2 is due next month when DD will be 2.5

alittleteapot Wed 12-Aug-09 15:30:57

PrettyCandles that sounds great. When's your friend back?

Lionstar that thread looks good but she doesn't say which buggyboard she got! Still as you say suggests there's something out there. Hopefully someone will come along to tell us more. Our second dc is due in 8 weeks when dd will be 2.4 so we're in the same boat...

kys Wed 12-Aug-09 15:39:02

I use a "Strolli rider" and find it so much easier than a buggy board. I was constantly tripping over my buggy board.

LionstarBigPants Wed 12-Aug-09 16:13:46

I suspect it's the Lascal buggyboard. This thread mentions the Maxi. Seems like it might be a bit tight with a carrycot, but we are intending to use a sling for LO in early months, so hopefully will only need to use it with the seat unit.

alittleteapot Wed 12-Aug-09 18:15:54

we'll start off with sling as well - so in fact probably don't need to sort this just yet - just trying to get organised i guess.

like the look of strolli rider but immediate search seemed like difficult to buy. kys where did you get yours and did you have a cherry?

alittleteapot Wed 12-Aug-09 19:13:04

just bumping for the evening crowd...

alittleteapot Thu 13-Aug-09 18:02:41

I got a reply from icandy which says:

"We do not advise putting buggy boards on any iCandy pushchair as this can invalidate the warranty. We have not tested such items and so can not comment on the safety of one being attached to our products. These items can contribute to fault that we can not guarantee against. We do not have any plans to manufacture a buggy board to use with the iCandy range."

So that's helpful then...

mamakim Thu 13-Aug-09 22:42:22

I have just this week got a lascal buggy board for the cherry. The maxi one. It works fine. The JL lady did say it would invalidate the warrenty though (not sure how they'd know however - icandy that is) HTH

littleducks Thu 13-Aug-09 22:51:40

(warrenty is shite anyway my wheels broke and seat frame broke so it doesnt)

i have red maxi buggyboard with smiley faces on works fine

PrettyCandles Thu 13-Aug-09 23:54:28

It's not the Lascal. It's like their Kiddyboard Maxi in shape, but with a fairly solid-looking seat sticking up from the middle of the board. The toddler sits astride the seat. They (my friends) call it his motorbike.

It worked fine with the carrycot, he held on to the foot of the carrycot. With the buggy seat in place he holds on to the end of the seat, and can also stand up on the board.

She won't be back until term begins, unfortunately.

PrettyCandles Thu 13-Aug-09 23:58:07

I think this is it.

alittleteapot Fri 14-Aug-09 09:55:43

Thanks all

PC I'm loving the look of that - though pricey isn't it! still, not having to buy much for dc2 so fair enough...

LionstarBigPants Fri 14-Aug-09 10:01:37

The one Candles linked to does look good, but I would be a bit wary about the fit on the Cherry becuase it says it connects to the back axle and I think the brake bar would get in the way. They have a compatibility chart that says OK for the Apple and Peach - do they have the same style brake?

teapot, know what you mean about not buying much for DC2 - looking back to the frenzy of shopping for DD I'm almost feeling guilty this time. The only thing I've been able to justify is a cute cardigan, a small soft toy and a new fleece blanket (because DD is so attached to hers still)!

Umlellala Wed 19-Aug-09 09:42:56

Yup, I used the red, smiley face (lascal maxi?) buggyboard with my Cherry, dd tucked inside the handle (though occasionally the switch would go in the back of her neck). The brake was fine, just about usable, though tricky. Think they all say that about using a buggyboard invalidating warranty bla blah.

It was far better anyway than now, on the hated Maclaren.

jeaniego Sat 29-Aug-09 10:36:23

Hi prettycandles

I found this thread in a search and it was exactly what i was wondering. I have a second hand icandy cherry and a baby due in a couple of weeks. I would love the kid-sit for my 2 year old but wondered if the brake does work or not. When she is back from hols could you ask her/
It would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

jg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now