Double Buggy - Maxi Cosi Car Seat

(4 Posts)
MallardtheKing Wed 14-Apr-21 17:16:25

I'm hoping someone will be able to help, I'm looking for a double buggy that is compatible with a maxi cosi car seat and I only have a small budget (so no bugaboos, icandys etc. as even second hand they're too expensive)

I will have a newborn and a just turned 2 year old.

I've been looking at the Graco Stadium Duo, the Joie Evalite and Hauck Duett to give you some idea of my budget.

I probably won't need to use the pushchair often as we live rurally so drive everywhere and if we go for a walk around the village I'll have baby in sling and/or toddler will walk - I already have a single venicci pram/puschair that I love.

I just want the double for quick trips to the shops by myself where I'd ideally like to put the toddler in her seat, and then clip the car seat on for the baby but all the cheaper doubles only seem compatible with their own brand car seats with no adapters available!

I don't want to end up replacing the car seat and base as well so hoping someone might be able to suggest an option for me.

Ideally, I like the style of the Hauck doubles better than the Joie and Graco inline styles, I like the baby in the car seat (or carrycot/chair) parent facing with the toddler in a little seat underneath but willing to consider other styles or options.

I have also thought about a buggy board with a seat and just using my venicci, but not sure how practical they are if it's raining, or if toddler is sleepy etc.

OP’s posts: |
teaandlotusbiscoff Sat 17-Apr-21 00:16:45

Graco Studio Duo and the Joie evaliate have a similar car seat attachment I believe and they use an adaptor-less attachment so won’t be compatible with other brand car seats

youtu.be/T6oDp9eAqZk

The Hauck duette is only compatible with their own brand car seat so won’t be of much use. This is slightly out of budget (though a quick search of them second-hand on eBay shows them to be within budget) but what about a Kids Kargo Duelette? It’s similar to the hauck though can take maxi cosi’s with adaptors

www.kidskargo.com/product/maxi-cosi-adapters/

Alternatively a second hand Phil and Ted’s could work?

TuvoknotSpock Thu 06-May-21 13:17:51

How about a 2nd hand MB duet?

BertieBotts Thu 06-May-21 13:28:36

You want to look second hand. A lot of them will be compatible with Maxi Cosi. You're looking for anything where the adapter is this shape on the top (for some reason the one in Tea's link is upside down!)

They won't always explicitly say maxi cosi but no other car seat adapters are this shape.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in