Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. We've spent weeks researching and testing pushchairs and buggies in real homes with real families. Read our buggy and pushchair reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Lightweight parent facing buggy?

(16 Posts)
Piewife Sat 11-Aug-18 20:23:05

My baby is 4 months old and around 9kg already. My back hurts from carrying him around and when I pick up my pushchair to put in the boot of the car etc. it makes my back feel worse. I've got an Armadillo Flip XT so it's not the heaviest pushchair out there (I think it's supposed to be around 10kg) but I can't wait until my baby is old enough to go in a little buggy so it's lighter to push around and my back doesn't suffer as much. I don't want him facing away from me for a good while yet and he still needs to be able to lie flat.

Anyway, the point of this post is: does anyone know of any good parent facing buggies which are lighter? It seems odd to me that nobody seems to make a parent facing umbrella fold buggy!

Thanks.

ems137 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:30:17

Is he really 9kg at 4 months? I don't think my 1 year old is 9kg that's all.

I had a Quinny Zapp Xtra2 which was lightweight, folded down very small and could face either way

Piewife Sat 11-Aug-18 20:32:51

Yes he is, he's a big baby. I'm not confused about his weight.

Thanks for the recommendation, will look at the Zapp Xtra2 smile

Penisbeakerismyfavethread Sat 11-Aug-18 20:37:34

I’d come on to say the zap xtra, or the new zapp flex there’s a new range around. It’s a fab little pram. I’ve used 1 xtra & one of the new ones. Would reccomend on what I know although I’m not a mum just I just do childcare work. Hth

ems137 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:53:34

I absolutely loved my Quinny Zapp. It laid really flat too but was still so comfy looking. The un-zippable hood that came right down was amazing for sunny days or nap time too. I think my only down side to it was the small shopping basket but it was easy enough to hang bags off the handles

sar302 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:08:13

Bugaboo bee every day of the week

pacempercutiens Mon 13-Aug-18 07:28:59

I have no experience with it but I really like the look of the Joie Mirus pushchair. Quite cheap and has a handle that can move so the pushchair becomes parent facing, also looks to do a nice small fold as well.

TheChatsPyjamas Mon 13-Aug-18 18:23:49

Baby jogger vue is an option

Piewife Mon 13-Aug-18 21:12:10

I think the Joie Mirus would be difficult to steer when parent facing as the handle just flips over so the swivel wheels would be at the back?

Baby jogger Vue might be an option!

Thanks all x

SpottyBrolly Mon 20-Aug-18 13:39:56

Have you looked at the Cybex Easy S twist?

mightbemarkedforever Mon 20-Aug-18 13:41:19

I don't know how long you can have them parent facing in the babyzen yo-yo but look that up
I have t for my son who faces the world and it's been a game changer

Tryingtogetitright Mon 20-Aug-18 13:43:24

I had a Baby Jogger Vue and got on really well with it

SoftBlocks Mon 20-Aug-18 13:43:56

Bugaboo bee.

Dogsorlogs Mon 20-Aug-18 13:45:06

Bugaboo bee for us definitley. We love that the harness clips each strap individually, so much easier to fasten a wriggler in.

Piewife Tue 21-Aug-18 10:08:34

The Cybex Eezy S Twist looks great except it doesn't appear to have a leg rest so I don't think it would be that comfy for napping as baby gets bigger.

The Babyzen Yoyo looks good but it only parent faces in baby / lie flat mode and I like the option for him to sit up a bit facing me too.

I just managed to pick up a second hand Baby jogger Vue on eBay for a good price in excellent condition, and liking it so far. It's nice and light and compact but loads of seat room and DS is really comfy in it... got back from the nursery run 40 minutes ago and he's still asleep in there :D The only minor issue is lack of storage space, but I think I can deal with that. My 3.5 year old tried it forward facing and has plenty of room too, and reports that it's comfy. Fingers crossed we like it long term!

DGRIFF78 Tue 21-Aug-18 17:12:36

I'm looking to buy a pushchair tonight that can be used daily and easy to take on holiday any recommendations would be of great help too many to choose from

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: