Talk

Advanced search

Silver Cross Wayfarer

(8 Posts)
Poppins2016 Thu 12-Jul-18 01:22:15

I've seen a few decent looking secondhand Silver Cross Wayfarers on Gumtree, but I'm suspicious as to why there are so many being sold secondhand! Is it just because they're good quality (do cheaper models just break faster/not sell?), or do people want to get rid of them for a reason?

Currently pregnant with first baby. We've tried out Silver Cross and Mamas & Papas models so far and liked them but don't want to fork out approx. £1,000 on something that seems a) expensive anyway (you could buy a secondhand car!) b) expensive for something we might not not get on with.

Does anyone own this model? Do you recommend?

Poppins2016 Thu 12-Jul-18 08:48:06

Bump!

lemonnmeringuepie Thu 12-Jul-18 11:26:19

Personally I think it's because they're good prams which hold their value, and people want to get a bit of money back if they can.

whoopsiedaisies Thu 12-Jul-18 11:28:41

I agree with PP- they're great prams and keep their value. We have a Pioneer, and I love it.

kshaw Thu 12-Jul-18 11:30:34

We wanted a wayfarer but ended up with the mamas and papas armadillo (can't remember which version they're all very similar) and so glad we did. Don't hold their value as well but only paid £360 for it inc carry cot brand new

MorrisDancingViv Thu 12-Jul-18 11:31:56

I think there's so many second hand because they are very popular pushchairs. Imo it's by far the most popular in my area and most of my friends have them. Personally I find it a bit cumbersome as its so large in comparison to my pushchair (I certainly wouldn't want to catch a bus with one) but it is very easy to push.

Poppins2016 Thu 12-Jul-18 16:28:50

Thanks all. In that case it sounds as though spending approx. £300 on a second hand Wayfarer wouldn't be a bad idea...smile

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 12-Jul-18 16:55:34

They're very big and heavy. Most of my friends who have had them have swapped them for strollers once their babies were 6 months or so. They can be difficult to fit in car boots too. However they have an absolutely fantastic shopping basket!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: