Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Narrow parent facing buggy?

(32 Posts)
DonaldWeasley Thu 29-Mar-18 11:47:45

Does anyone have a really narrow buggy that parent faces? I would like something about the width of a MacLaren but parent facing and ideally with a single bar handle. Tall handlebar a bonus.

DonaldWeasley Sat 31-Mar-18 18:54:15

Hopeful bump!

Aprilmightmemynewname Sat 31-Mar-18 18:58:31

I have a Recaro but 2 handles that do extend. Dh is 6'4 and it was great for him. Got it second hand but not sure if still made!!

MamehaSan Sat 31-Mar-18 19:42:11

When we were looking for our pushchair, the Oyster2 was one of the narrowest we could find. We checked as we needed it to get through a narrow gap at home. It's a "travel system" rather than a buggy though, you can get narrower buggies but they tend to be forward facing and with non-extendable, dual handles rather than a single bar.

DonaldWeasley Sat 31-Mar-18 21:54:07

Should have said I meant any type of pushchairs, not a stroller type buggy! Thanks.

Unihorn Sat 31-Mar-18 21:56:03

We have the Mamas and Papas Urbo 2 if it doesn't need to be a stroller type. It's one of the narrowest prams you can get .

babycakes1010 Sat 31-Mar-18 21:58:11

I would also recommend the urbo 2

Squigglypig Sat 31-Mar-18 21:58:45

Look at the stokke xplory. I love ours, we bought it 7 years ago for first born and just dug it out for our new DS and it looks as good as new. I can get it on and off buses easily and it sits high enough to double as a high chair when they are a bit older and if one is not available. You can also put it on 2 wheels to bump up and down stairs.

theclockticksslowly Sat 31-Mar-18 21:59:22

Another vote for the urbo 2.

YerAuntFanny Sat 31-Mar-18 23:00:24

The Silver Cross Wayfarer is only 53.5cm.

DonaldWeasley Sun 01-Apr-18 09:23:43

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Has anyone tried the baby jogger vue?

YerAuntFanny Sun 01-Apr-18 12:03:39

I haven't tried the Vue but did use a similar style (Njoy Bubble) and it was awful to push with the 2 handles as it was really heavy in parent facing mode with a bigger child.

It was fine on smooth ground but anything other than that it was a pain especially getting up and down kerbs!

SilverBirchTree Sun 01-Apr-18 12:05:16

Bugaboo bee 🐝 - highly recommend.

Only drawback is small wheels (hard to go ‘off road’) and not a lot of room to carry things with you.

DonaldWeasley Sun 01-Apr-18 17:12:55

The bugaboo bee does look great, but worry it’s a bit bulky widthways? I’d really like to be able to leave it “up” in the halls which means it needs to be a bit narrower than our current buggy, which is a bjcm.

DonaldWeasley Sun 01-Apr-18 18:46:23

I’m now eyeing up the baby jogger tour lux but worry about teething troubles with such a new model!

YerAuntFanny Sun 01-Apr-18 21:24:44

The Wayfarer is the same width as the tour lux but looks sturdier and has been around a while if you're worried about that

DonaldWeasley Sun 01-Apr-18 22:01:41

Thanks, will try to test drive a wayfarer and the urbo 2!

ColonelCakes Sun 08-Apr-18 13:28:01

Has anyone tried the Ickle bubble Aurora? I know it doesn’t parent face but thinking for the school run maybe that would be ok?

MrsMogginsMinge Wed 11-Apr-18 10:47:14

We got a Easywalker Mosey (54cm) because of our narrow hall! Handlebar slides in too so it’s quite compact when ‘up’ - so it doesn’t matter that the fold’s not amazing.

BertieBotts Tue 24-Apr-18 08:31:32

For reference the BJCM is 61cm wide, and a Maclaren Techno XT is 49cm.

Maxi Cosi Stella 55cm
Cybex Eezy S Twist 45cm
Cosatto To and Fro 49cm - only lie flat parent facing, but defo worth a look!
Bugaboo Bee 53cm
ICandy Raspberry 52cm

There are probably more, but that's what I've found at the moment!

DonaldWeasley Tue 24-Apr-18 18:23:31

Thanks for the great list! A second hand raspberry is pretty appealing!

Bowlofbabelfish Tue 24-Apr-18 19:53:04

Easywalker mosey.
Brilliant buggy

DonaldWeasley Fri 27-Apr-18 07:46:39

Ooh, that was the one that got away last time! How is it over grass etc? Do you know how wide/narrow it is?

ColonelCakes Tue 15-May-18 09:13:22

@bertiebotts have you tried the maxi Cosi Stella? All terrain but narrow is really appealing but it doesn’t seem very popular?

ellybo Mon 21-May-18 12:24:25

PHIL and TEDS mod! It has a bit bigger wheels so it won't get stuck. Folded, it's smaller than Maclaren and open width is 55cm vs Mac is 50cm. We love it so much. It's cheaper as well as has that single bar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: