Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Maxi cosy car seat with egg chassis STUCK help??

(4 Posts)
Lelly0503 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:23:52

I have an egg stroller with Maxi cosi pebble car seat. I just recently got adaptors so the car seat can go on the chassis .
However the adaptors are just ridiculously tough to get off? I got them as I wanted the ease of using the car seat when out and about, especially if DS is asleep transferring him into the pram always disturbs him. But you would honestly need to be worlds strongest man to remove the car seat from the adaptors, I am pressing the little grey buttons but it’s impossoble to get any kind of grip on them. Is it just me? Am I weakling or are the adaptors ridiculously stiff. They are almost rendered useless as id have to remove DS to get the car seat off as it’s too heavy. Either that or I have to wrench one side off, leave him balancing precariously while I do the other side which just doesn’t seem safe. Anyone else had this problem?

1sttimeunicorn Wed 14-Feb-18 21:27:03

I had a similar issue getting the seat off the adaptors when it was first new (different buggy tho).
The only thing that worked was pressing the grey buttons on the car seat firmly and simultaneously. It’s fine now so I think it was because it was new. I tend not to use it like that anymore as he’s now so big but it was useful when nipping to the shops when he was teeny and asleep.

Lelly0503 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:39:13

Thanks Unicorn, maybe they are a bit stiff. The position of the buttons makes it hard to get a good grip.

LiamLunch1984 Fri 16-Feb-18 11:36:13

Hi, for something like that I would go back to the shop where sold, it has to be usuabel right ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: