Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Phil and Teds Sport - anyone got this buggy?

(4 Posts)
Bambooshkka Sun 11-Feb-18 19:58:13

I’ve acquired a 2nd hand Phil & Teds sport for baby due shortly.

I understand it’s ok for newborns as the seat bit goes completely flat - but is the bit the newborn would lie on supposed to be completely rigid? On my buggy it’s a bit soft and I’m not sure whether that’s because it’s second hand or whether it’s supposed to be a bit flexible? Is a newborn meant to lie on a completely rigid surface?

Also does anyone know if the bassinet and newborn cocoon that Phil & Teds sell online would fit any model of Sport? I think the one I have is a few years old so just wondering if the additional parts would fit it?

Thanks.

Bambooshkka Mon 12-Feb-18 20:04:56

Anyone?

bullengirl Thu 15-Feb-18 19:42:33

I have a sport and navigator v2 and have used it from birth. Love it. I got on eBay a carry cot and adaptors which I used when he was tiny, and also the car seat adaptors. It worked really well. I also used the soft cocoon too which worked well. You have to check the model to ensure it will fit your pushchair.
I really loved this pushchair, the only downside is that it is a bit bulky to put in the car.

Bue Sun 25-Feb-18 00:07:26

I have it, the only thing I hate about it is how heavy and bulky it is. Otherwise it's great. I don't think it is meant to be completely rigid? DD2 is 5 months and still very happy in the newborn lie flat mode. We didn't get the cocoon (which would be handy for getting baby in and out), instead we lined it with a foam mattress and cover from our old single pram and popped a cozy toes in there to slot her into. She was happy and warm in there all winter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: