Talk

Advanced search

Travel systems

(3 Posts)
emrg91 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:07:39

Was just wondering are Travel systems worth it? How much use is the carry cot day to day. Or is it better to just by a pram and car seat?

First time mum, so abit overwhelming on what to buy.

Snowydaysarehere Sat 10-Feb-18 18:09:50

I would say depends how big a baby you are expecting tbh!! Ds was 4-12 born at 35 weeks. Used the carry cot for ages!! Other ds was 9-3 and so glad I didn't bother with one!

YerAuntFanny Sat 10-Feb-18 20:42:16

I had a pram with a lie flat parent facing seat for my first and used a carrycot for my second, I much preferred the lie flat seat as i liked having them strapped in properly and it was less bulk to store or when folding.

Babies aren't supposed to be in car seats for more than an hour or 2 as it can cause breathing issues but the ability to clip the car seat in to the frame can be handy occasionally, I used it about 4x with my second so definitely not a daily need or solution.

Personally if I was buying again I'd just have the lie flat seat and a fixed group 0/1 seat in the car.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: