Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel systems

(3 Posts)
emrg91 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:07:39

Was just wondering are Travel systems worth it? How much use is the carry cot day to day. Or is it better to just by a pram and car seat?

First time mum, so abit overwhelming on what to buy.

Snowydaysarehere Sat 10-Feb-18 18:09:50

I would say depends how big a baby you are expecting tbh!! Ds was 4-12 born at 35 weeks. Used the carry cot for ages!! Other ds was 9-3 and so glad I didn't bother with one!

YerAuntFanny Sat 10-Feb-18 20:42:16

I had a pram with a lie flat parent facing seat for my first and used a carrycot for my second, I much preferred the lie flat seat as i liked having them strapped in properly and it was less bulk to store or when folding.

Babies aren't supposed to be in car seats for more than an hour or 2 as it can cause breathing issues but the ability to clip the car seat in to the frame can be handy occasionally, I used it about 4x with my second so definitely not a daily need or solution.

Personally if I was buying again I'd just have the lie flat seat and a fixed group 0/1 seat in the car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now