Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

triples

(17 Posts)
bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 20:27:45

hi,
has anyone here got a triple buggy?
we are looking at the peg perego, or joovy caboose - 3 in front of the other - I wont get through the school gate (or my front door) with a side by side!
2 yr old, and 2x1yr olds....a double plus sling is no longer working!
any bright ideas?

oh and cant use a buggy board - not mobile enough for the school run sadly,

tia!

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 20:36:00

Wow. Not quite the same but 33 months between mine. I'd make the two year old walk. How old exactly is your two year old?

bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 20:43:05

My 2 year old has a mobility problem and so cannot walk the entire way. I have been using the sling with one of the 1 yr olds, he is now getting too heavy for me.
Hence needing a triple.
15 months between the babies.....

Redisthemagicolour Wed 06-Dec-17 20:50:27

Joovy Caboose is quite hard to push. You need to put a bigger child on the front which means if you're walking along a pavement with drop kerbs you have to fight to keep the straight line. Good for your arm muscles though. Mind you any triple will be heavy. I'd say get one with big pump up tyres if you can as they are always easier to push.

bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 21:08:10

Thanks Red - i've just found one on google called - familidoo, considers itself 'lightweight' if there is such a thing
youtube video looks easier to push than the joovy...familidoo is shorter, but kids look more squashed together - which i suppose doesn't matter for a quick school run really....

thats the real problem, you can't go into a shop and have a go, like you can with normal pushchairs. I'll need it I guess for at least another 18 months till the 2 little ones are really confident to walk, then i can use a single or double...they all look like tanks!

I have yet to find one with big tyres - they all seem to be US only

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 21:20:01

The scuba looks a bit like my graco. It worked well and I walked a million miles with that.

Alternatively, no good if you also want your two year old to nap in the buggy, but I saw someone with a boggie board that had a seat the other day. Would that be a possibility?

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 21:28:37

I just saw it on amazon. Its called a buggy board booster seat. Looks okay but it wouldn't over ride the problem of knowing you have them all strapped in. Or solve the sleeping in the buggy issue.

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 21:31:02

Also, I think they just are hard to push. And especially as they all get bigger.

Depending on your set up I ended up with three double buggy's. One at my parents, one at home and an umbrella one in the car.

If you could afford it and its possible maybe two cheaper second hand ones is better than a more expensive new one

bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 22:11:45

I have two doubles...
one fits through my front door - phil & teds, but not in my car,
one fits in my car, but not through my door - city mini jogger double...

i can't use the buggy board as said child keeps trying to fall off it/jump off it...etc etc...i am also short and find it very hard to push pram with it on, so not sure the seat thingy for it will work - prob break my back sad

no sleeping in the pram we use for school runs, it only a 10 min walk, just little legs cant quite make it.

i'm leaning towards the familidoo at the mo, seems the best to go up and down kerbs....gah

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 22:15:32

It is hard work. I can't imagine a triple buggy!!! We are just a ten minute walk through the park too. I definitely think if you can't afford two then get the one you've mentioned. The side by side seats are hard work because of where the brakes are placed. They shut as you heave it over the step.

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 22:19:01

Have you seen the familidoo? It looks amazing!!!

boredofmyoldname Wed 06-Dec-17 22:19:56

My friend used a T3 triple jogger for her newborn twins and toddler then took the toddler seat off and used it as a double until the twins no longer needed.

The toddler seat secures on the front so although it's not the lightest push it's much easier to manouvering than a side by side.

ferriswheel Wed 06-Dec-17 22:22:20

http://www.earlyyearsresources.co.uk

This, I think. Familidoo. Its expensive but not compared to what you've said already.

Also, I LOVED my little buggy bag at the front and kept only a soap bag underneath with wipes etc.

Whitelisbon Wed 06-Dec-17 22:35:28

I had the t3 triple jogger.
It's the exact same width as the baby jogger city mini double, with an added seat at the front. It's long, and doesn't fold very small but it's easy to push (I managed less than a week after a c section with 2 2-year-olds and a newborn).
It's expensive though, but you can use it as a double too, and it has hundreds of little pockets grin

bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 22:52:52

I love the look of the t3 triple, but it wont go through my front door sad so i'd have to lift all 3 out, stick them somewhere safe...fold and put in car boot - bit of a faff,
especially if the bigger 3 are kicking off after school shock

so it needs to be one in front of the other, to be pushed into house so we can all get sorted.....what a faff!

bostonkremekrazy Wed 06-Dec-17 22:53:51

yes ferriswheel, i think maybe that one.....familidoo

anyone got one?

bostonkremekrazy Thu 07-Dec-17 14:41:53

thanks for all your help - I ordered the familidoo today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now