Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Differences between Joolz and Joie pushchairs

(3 Posts)
phild123 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:32:28

Hello,

I am expecting a son in a few months and trying to choose a pushchair suitable from birth. I thought I'd decided on the Joolz Geo2 Mono pushchair & carrycot, which is £850. However I then realised the Joie Chrome pushchair, which is £250 (350 including carrycot), appears on the face of it to be broadly similar in terms of product specification.

I would be grateful if someone could kindly advise me on whether one really does get better features from more expensive pushchairs (beyond stylistic appearance) such as Joolz, such as comfort, ease of use, adaptability etc, or whether the price difference mostly reflects style, fabrics, appearance etc?

Many thanks
Phil

Joel89 Tue 14-Nov-17 11:03:38

The Joie Chrome DLX (next model up from normal Chrome) is a great pushchair. It looks, feels and acts like a much more expensive pushchair. I am not the type of person to spend a fortune if an equal alternative is available cheaper and the Chrome DLX met my expectations perfectly.

Apologies this wasn't one of the buggies you mentioned, just wanted to share my experience with a very similar model. Its less than £30 more than the standard chrome (around £275) so could be an option for you?

phild123 Wed 15-Nov-17 11:53:58

Thank you for your helpful messages. In the end I went ahead with the following deal which I thought was excellent value:

Ocarro PushChair 6 piece bundle. RRP £1,149 but I was fortunate to get it for around £600 on Very.co.uk. This was because they give new customers 20% off their first order. The website also had a Black Friday promotion meaning the bundle was priced at £759.99. So a 20% discount on that brought it down to £609. It comes with a carrycot, Cybex Aton car seat, IsoFix base, car seat adaptors and cup holder. Fingers crossed we will find it a good set of products overall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now