Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

First baby but planning on having a 2nd in 2 years - should i get a buggy that can be a double now?

(11 Posts)
ellabe Fri 06-Oct-17 10:08:25

Hello,
I am hoping you can all help me!
Were expecting our first baby in February this year and looking at buggies. But i am undecided whether to go for the Uppababy Cruz or the Uppababy Vista as we know we will want to have our second baby in 2 years time approx.
So therefore, wondering if we should get one now that can be a double buggy in the future... or is that silly as i will have to push a larger / heavier Vista around for 2 years before the double buggy is needed?
Any advice much appreciated!
thanks all!

Dementedswan Fri 06-Oct-17 10:12:53

What about the baby jogger city select. Lovely and easy to manovere . Can be converted to a double when needed.

Nibletmum Fri 06-Oct-17 10:23:55

Yes! My 1st born is 2.5 and 2nd is 3 months. Before 2nd came I was adamant I wouldn't need a double but I was very wrong! At 2.5 he still needs naps and it's a life saver having somewhere to secure him while I'm feeding the baby. Wish I'd bought one from day 1.

ellabe Fri 06-Oct-17 12:18:45

Thank you Niblemum - its a tricky one as lots of my friends say you dont want to be pushing and carrying a heavier buggy around for 18 months before you actually need to and its better to then switch to a double buggy 18 months down the line - so really not sure what to do???

Nightfall1983 Fri 06-Oct-17 12:22:33

I wouldn't if you don't need it now, who knows what will happen down the line? Maybe it will take longer to conceive than you think, maybe you first will hate the buggy, maybe they will be a strong walker - I gave up the buggy before my first was 2 - maybe your pram will be stolen, or break and you will need a new one anyway - who knows? Go for the one that suits you best NOW...

BertieBotts Mon 16-Oct-17 06:40:33

Buy second hand - so you can resell and buy the one you want later. There may be something better on the market by then.

Changerofname987654321 Mon 16-Oct-17 06:41:52

Get the vista! I bought the Cruz because I wanted big gap but now I have changed my mind about a big gap.

Gumbubble Mon 16-Oct-17 06:45:21

Get a single now and get a double if you need it at the time. You cannot say now what will happen in 2 years time. And a single will be useful once the older child no longer needs a buggy but the younger still does.

LillyBugg Mon 16-Oct-17 06:48:01

But the vista can be used as a single can't it? I would get that one. It might be big but honestly you get what you pay for, it's lovely and easy to push. You won't even realise it can take two until you convert it.

LastOneDancing Mon 16-Oct-17 07:00:22

I absolutely loved my uppababy vista - it's done thousands of miles & coped brilliantly with 2 children. Its a dream to push, turns on a sixpence & has a huge basket.
Because DS1 was a good walker, i got the newborn insert & buggy board when DS2 arrived, rather than the rumble seat.

But it depends what you plan on doing I think - if you will be walking outdoors lots it's great, if you go shopping a lot & in and out of the car it is heavy to lift.
I also have a second hand maclaren for shops and holidays.

ellabe Mon 16-Oct-17 08:24:58

Thank you all... I think we have now decided on the Vista as I haven’t heard a bad word about it other than that it is heavy!!
Although we are also now contemplating ion the Orange...
does anyone have any thoughts about the i candy Orange?
Thanks
E

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now