Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double buggy - Cosatto or Mountain duet

(13 Posts)
Goodiegumdrops Tue 03-Oct-17 13:41:35

I find it difficult to make a decision anyways but trying to find a double buggy suitable for a newborn and 20 month is becoming hard.
There is a deal on for the month of October at mountain buggy. The duet looks good and practical for longer but that is only because I have seen how it handles in the shop. I don't like the fact that you can't get your new born to face you unless you buy tjr carrycot.

The cosatto to and fro duo looks good as it can face either way but have heard there os little room for the toddler.

The supa dupa from cosatto looks good too. It says it is suitable from birth but I'm not sure.

Anyone had any of these and can give me real life pros and cons. I don't drive so being able to get out and about easily is a plus.

Thanks guys xx

chocolateshortcake Mon 09-Oct-17 12:14:15

I had my heart set on a mountain buggy duet (having twins and got toddler) but I couldn't actually lift it up. Maybe not an issue if you don't drive (I could not have lifted it into my boot) but just thought I would share.

Worriedobsessive Mon 09-Oct-17 12:16:03

What about a babyjogger with the carrycot on one side? You can also get car seat adapters and it's a really nicely designed pram. I found cosatto a bit cheap and cumbersome.

Worriedobsessive Mon 09-Oct-17 12:18:51

The supadupa is a sort of holiday/back if the car buggy.

chocolateshortcake Mon 09-Oct-17 14:43:34

The baby jogger is what I ended up getting.

boredofmyoldname Mon 09-Oct-17 22:15:58

I've yet to hear anyone say anything good about the durability of Cosatto pushchairs, they're all style and no substance. We borrowed the single Supa and it was awful, felt flimsy, crap suspension and was heavy to push.

I've used the double Baby Jogger city Mini and the Out n About Nipper 360 which were both excellent in their own ways.

The Baby Jogger was easier to fold but felt slightly heavier to push whereas the Nipper was a bit of a pain to fold (although you get used to it) but a dream to push.

Cracklesfire Mon 09-Oct-17 22:37:48

I started looking at double buggys today & I'm totally confused - a friend has the city mini and it seems to handle well. I like the mountain buggy but also been looking a second hand bugaboo donkeys for similar price. My DS is big for his age and I'm wary some the mountain buggy reviews mention narrow seats.

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:50:51

I have a double buggy for my 2 year old and 4 year old ( can't walk far so rely on buggy alot)
We were trying to find the best pram for months.
We do a lot of walking and off roading ect. And the only one which was any good to us has to be the out and about double. Absolutely amazing. Can be used from new born up to 5 stone.
I am very happy with this buggy. Best buy yet lol x

skankingpiglet Mon 09-Oct-17 23:51:22

I had the Mountain Buggy Duo, which is similar to the Duet but has much bigger wheels and a slightly wider frame. This might be worth looking at if you are concerned the seats might be a bit narrow in the Duet? I don't think they are available new any more, but they are still around second hand.

I loved mine. As mentioned above it isn't light to lift (although far from too heavy IMO) but is very light to push. I could push and turn with both children in it one handed. Even though mine was wider than the new Duet I had no issues getting into shops and it was great for muddy walks. The not parent-facing could be an issue but didn't bother me as I was happy to use the carrycot initially, then when DD2 grew out of it she was big enough to sit up properly and the DCs would ride along holding hands (too cute!). Why the reluctance to use the carrycot OP?
I bought mine second hand and took care of it. I resold it for pretty much what I'd paid.

Goodiegumdrops Tue 10-Oct-17 17:46:59

Thanks guys x

I ended up going for the mountain buggy duet...what an absolute ball ache putting it together! Obviously not helped by toddler and 2 week old demanding attention but it is up. The carrycot is very narrow. I think my milk guzzler will outgrow it quite quickly. We do have the forward facing carrier too so that will be the next step.

Even though it is a narrow double buggy, we are struggling to get it through our 1930s front door/lobby bit as it is at a funny angle. However, I can go round the back of house so just slightly unconvinced.

The toddler is loving it though. Will report back once we have had our first major outing.

Xx

Goodiegumdrops Wed 11-Oct-17 14:41:57

Handles really well, very light to push but it is very heavy. Unless there are some kind people at the station (no disabled access and lots of stairs) it's going to be hard to go up and down stairs.

Landy10 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:47:33

Goodie - I've got a mountain buggy duet and a very narrow Victorian hall/door and I find if you have the handle set to the highest setting it's easier to get round the door and turn it. Might be no help.

Also my twins are massive - each 4cm off the chart at 10 months and they were in the cot till 4 months then i used them as forward facing seats (and that also is a pain in the butt to reconfigure to grin)

Goodiegumdrops Thu 12-Oct-17 04:38:40

No that does help @landy10 thank you x
Good luck with your twins too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now