Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone recently used Prams.net? In need of pushchair for newborn and toddler

(11 Posts)
Changingoftheguard Sun 30-Jul-17 19:10:17

Hiya, has anyone recently used this company? I've read a lot of reviews and about 97% haven't had the best experience but they seem to be the only company I can find that has a suitable double pushchair for my toddler and newborn.

All other tandem pushchairs I just know my toddler would hate as they seem to face the pram part if that makes sense? She wouldnt be able to see whats going on around her and I don't want to spend a fortune for it not to be used.

The one on prams.net is a good priced double buggy but the front part can also be used as a carrycot which is included and I cant find anything similar anywhere else and I'm desperate for something as partner goes back to work soon and need to get out and about solo (yes I know I've left it last minute).

Any help would be appreciated

Changingoftheguard Sun 30-Jul-17 19:46:53

Bump

Rach93 Sun 30-Jul-17 22:15:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Changingoftheguard Mon 31-Jul-17 07:48:18

My dd wouldn't like it, I just know it, she likes to see what's going on and is really restricted in the first one which most seem to be this way.

The second isn't a double from what I'm seeing?

Thanks though, I might just have to bite the billet and order from them.

ka852 Thu 03-Aug-17 08:06:07

I DON'T RECOMMEND PRAMS.NET. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER...We bought a pram on prams.net (Jane Epic). To make it short, the brake broke. They advised to send the stroller back to their warehouse in Germany (at our cost and they would repair it and send back to us for free). After carefully checking several times (they are not responsive at all) the address we sent it (from Hong Kong). Noone was there at their warehouse when it got delivered and noone claimed the stroller from DHL for 15 days...the stroller was returned to Hong Kong. Since then, they don't answer to emails and the person I had on the phone told me it was not his problem if noone pick up the stroller. So, yes, go for it if it's a cheap item only.

PotteringAlong Thu 03-Aug-17 08:10:02

I've got a Phil and teds for dc2 and 3 - great when the little one was tiny as the cocoon bit was on the bottom and the big one on the top and still works really well now they're both in seats. I got a second hand one but you can get them from lots of places.

Changingoftheguard Fri 04-Aug-17 11:12:24

I'll be honest I've sent a few emails asking certain questions and either haven't had a response or one word replies not actually answering everything.

I also rang them and the guy that answered was very blunt, almost like he couldn't be bothere, it's sad because i can't find anything else similar.

Can I ask how long the Phil and ted lasts for as when baby gets bigger it looks like they won't fit in the bottom part

PotteringAlong Fri 04-Aug-17 15:31:04

Mine fitted in there until about 5 months when I moved him into the seat using the headhugger from the car seat at first. It's a lot more roomy in there in real life than it looks in the pictures!

ShoutyMcShouty Sat 05-Aug-17 10:40:32

I bought a second hand out n about double. For the new born, I bought a separate Phil and ted cocoon carry cot, which slotted beautifully in to one of the seats. It's the best buggy I ever owned as it just glides and can be pushed with one hand - essential if you have a toddler!

maternitypants Tue 17-Oct-17 12:03:44

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Communication terrible, impossible to get through on the phone and slow and unhelpful responses to emails. Having to battle for a refund as they sent the wrong item.

WaitedForGodot Tue 17-Oct-17 13:56:26

We bought a Brevi Ovo Twin through prams.net, and despite some slightly shoddy communication (nothing serious, just an order being broken into two shipments two weeks apart without us being notified), the pram turned up, and was exactly as described.

Personally I'd use them again if they were my only option to find a particular buggy, but your mileage may vary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now