Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

pram that converts to pushchair seat as one unit?

(23 Posts)
Tattybogle89 Mon 05-Jun-17 10:15:12

Hello.
I cant find any prams that lie flat, but convert to pushchair unit without the need for purchasing a pram top and a sear unit...
For example,my first born I had the silver cross linear freeway pram. So comfy! And then you took out soft pram liner, and there were levers to sit up the back and it was a pushchair seat!!
Really low on space and having one that converts as one unit like that would be ideal. But I cant find aaaanny?? Someone must have one and know what I mean?
Help appreciated x

EssentialHummus Mon 05-Jun-17 10:21:54

If I understood what you need correctly - a lie-flat seat that itself converts into a pushchair seat by tilting the unit and removing the liner - the Mothercare Genie has it. Can't be the only one, but that's one I've come across.

JoWithABow Mon 05-Jun-17 10:25:58

Yep have a look at mothercare ones. There was one a while ago called the my3 that did something similar. Have a look at the Orb - not 100% sure from memory but it might be how you describe

MrsCharlesBrandon Mon 05-Jun-17 11:02:48

The Obaby Chase does this, without the need for an extra carry cot.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Mon 05-Jun-17 11:04:16

Came on to say the Silvercross Freeway Linear but you've already had one. I really liked mine but it was a bit big and heavy for buses etc.

Best bet is to go to a big Mothercare where they have all the prams on display and you can see what suits (sorry not very helpful).

littletwofeet Mon 05-Jun-17 11:05:36

Bugaboo bee

affectionincoldclimate Mon 05-Jun-17 11:05:57

I use Bugaboo Bee. Flattened seat with a cocoon for newborn works really well. It's a small portable and extremely easy to fold pram.

cairnterrier Mon 05-Jun-17 11:08:05

I was just about to suggest the Bugaboo Bee as well! Did us from newborn to strapping 4 year olds twice over!

I loved my Bee, but DSs are a bit big for it now!

Happy hunting!

phoenixtherabbit Mon 05-Jun-17 11:12:42

Mothercare orb, mothercare roam. Their new one does it too might be called journey? Red kite push me fusion does it.

Redsippycup Mon 05-Jun-17 11:13:44

Mothercare do one that folds with the seat attached too - I'll try and find it...

phoenixtherabbit Mon 05-Jun-17 11:14:12

Joie chrome seat is flat. So is graco evo.

Quite a few mama's and papas are lie flat. You can get cocoons for a bit of extra security but you don't need them.

phoenixtherabbit Mon 05-Jun-17 11:16:52

Mee go pramette is 2 in 1 as well!

Redsippycup Mon 05-Jun-17 11:18:01

mothercare xtreme 270 quid and comes with a car seat too!

PotteringAlong Mon 05-Jun-17 11:19:59

Phil and teds do this.

PalomaViolets Mon 05-Jun-17 11:20:05

The Cosatto Woop does this

phoenixtherabbit Mon 05-Jun-17 11:21:41

Hauck lacrosse lays flat. Also mybabiie 2 in 1 is a carry cot then turns into a seat.

Sorry I've thrown a load of info at you but there are loads! X

ShuttyTown Mon 05-Jun-17 11:24:41

Cosatto do a range of prams that lie flat for a newborn then tilt into different positions for use as a pushchair. I have the Giggle in the tropical pattern and it's lovely

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 05-Jun-17 11:30:47

Armadillo flip xt. Lies flat, bolt upright and an inbetween stage.
Forward and parent facing
Huuuuuge basket
Folds easily and quite compactly.

I love mine. Have a June baby and I just didn't see the point of the carrycot bit. Seemed a huge expense for length of time in it.

Tattybogle89 Mon 05-Jun-17 12:28:50

Wow thank you so much! I've spent all morning googling and genuinely couldn't find one!! Its not something you can filter for on websites so its a case of trawling through product descriptions!
Yes I want a lie flat actual pram that turns into pushchair without a pram unit and pushchair seperate unit.
I dont have the space to store a seat unit while using pram unit and vice versa.
Silver cross linear freeway was amazing, such a good pram and dare I say the comfiest with the pram liner in, I have ever felt! I would buy again but will be relying on buses a lot and its just too heavy for me ☹ .

Has anyone else noticed that alot of prams are very hard for baby to sleep on? Maybe I'm just comparing to what I've uses before but nothing seems to compare on the comfort scale?

I'm going to look into all of those. I dont want to spend a fortune but something that fits into the boot of your average hatchback would be good too. I'm so confused with prams!
Would like isofix in the car but I don't understand how all that works with clicking from car to pram.. Or do most prams take isofix car seats? Minefield!

Thanks for all your help

phoenixtherabbit Mon 05-Jun-17 12:59:38

Most prams will fit maxi cosi seats and they have isofix. You're best going to mothercare about car seats and bases as they will make sure they fit in your car. Most stores let you try prams in your boot too.

I think some prams are quite hard but I've always had a sheepskin liner in mine and ds has always been cosy and comfy on that

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Mon 05-Jun-17 13:05:27

I have just bought this [[ www.online4baby.com/obaby-chase-3-wheel-pramette-travel-system-mars-black-red o baby chase]] . The base folds up pretty small and it is very easy to push. It's a good price too

GlitteryFluff Mon 05-Jun-17 13:14:20

I bought a graco evo for DS.
It's seat lies completely flat, so was suitable for newborn, you could have it forward facing or parent facing. Big shopping basket. It's still going strong and DS will be 3 in August although we don't often use it now as he walks everywhere. And iirc it was about £300 and I believe we got the car seat for that price too, which just clicked onto the chassis.

Algebraic Mon 05-Jun-17 13:21:58

(Haven't read thread so sorry if someone has already said but) I was looking for the exact same thing and went with the Cosatto woop. It lies flat and then you adjust straps on the back to make it into a seat. We are limited on space, too.

One of the mothercare own prams also does this but I didn't like the design as much and also wanted a bit of colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now