Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren techno XT

(12 Posts)
Amymac88 Sat 20-May-17 19:51:07

Hello.
I am debating wether to buy a Maclaren techno XT buggy.
Please can I get some reviews from mums who have this buggy, is it light? small when folded? easy to push? roomy and comfy for the child? And just overall quality?

Many thanks in advance!

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sat 20-May-17 19:54:38

I absolutely loved this buggy. Easy to push. Great hood. Great quality. Can't remember how light it was. Folds tightly but it is long like most umbrella fold pushchairs are. It will never be as comfy as a full blown travel system padded thing but it seemed comfy enough. I got a seat liner for summer and footmuff for winter which made it more comfy. Loved it!

Ozzde Sat 20-May-17 20:00:33

I had it for dd and loved it, got the insert for newborns to lie down but she grew out of it really quickly. Not overly light irrc but a damn sight lighter than the Silver Cross I'd had for previous dc. Good size for me to push being 5 foot 7 but a bit of a squeeze getting into the boot of some smaller cars. Fitted into the cupboard under my stairs fine though I wouldn't say it was small when folded, there are smaller ones out there. Quality was good - I used it from birth every day until she was ready to do away with a buggy. I did use a smaller, lighter one to take on holiday.

badg3r Sat 20-May-17 20:02:38

We have one. It is great, comparatively quite cheap if you shop around and you can get it in quite a few colours-puck SN unusual one and it's very easy to find in a sea of black bugaboos! About 7kg and the handle when folded means you can happily l'y carry in one hand. Super sturdy too. The commonly mentioned disadvantage is that you can't access the basket easily if the seat is fully reclined. It isn't super easy to steer with one hand.

badg3r Sat 20-May-17 20:04:15

* pick an, not puck SN!!

TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 20-May-17 20:04:57

Had one from birth. TBH although it lies totally flat they seem a little exposed in them, so probably better suited to shorter trips or v warm weather. But if you have a sling as well then great. Easy to fold, turns on a sixpence. Lasted really well - I did loads of walking with 2 DC and it was still going strong after 7 years when I accidentally left it in a car park.

DoItTooJulia Sat 20-May-17 20:05:18

My favourite buggy. And I have had a few!

Easy to fold, lightweight but sturdy. Goes well on most surfaces, dcs comfy, extendable handles (I'm tall!), decent basket underneath, loved the big canopy with visor. Easy to take off all the bits to wash, easy to fit rain cover that was light and breathable and the seat reclined really far for a nap. Oh and it fitted my tall and big son for ages. And it was fairly narrow-which some buggys really aren't and was still comfy.

The only thing I wasn't as keen on was the newer one I had had really difficult to adjust straps.

NapQueen Sat 20-May-17 20:05:40

We had one for dd and used it for ds til it gave up the ghost. Replaced it with an armadillo city which I prefer. Folds easier and smaller; is lighter.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Sat 20-May-17 20:05:54

Ah yes the basket is a bit rubbish, had forgotten that. Also I got buggy weights to reduce risk of tipping (risk with all stroller type buggies).

Ozzde Sat 20-May-17 20:08:50

I was going to mention the straps too Dolt grin Awkward doesn't even describe adjusting them.

mollyblack Sat 20-May-17 20:11:13

I loved mine- i used it from birth with both of mine so it was a workhorse for about 5 years and is still going strong for a friend. Very easy to use/fold etc.

Amymac88 Sat 20-May-17 20:20:37

Thank you everyone for your great reviews, sounds like a winner 👍🏻

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now