Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

A pram to meet these criteria... total novice please help!

(12 Posts)
Cagliostro Sat 13-May-17 17:39:30

Youngest will be 8 by the time I have baby #3 and I have had no interest in prams since I had him. I have no clue what there is.

Needs:
Low budget
Not too wide and easy to use on public transport as we don't drive
Good folding as we have a tiny hallway
Attachable car seat - not really sure on this one due to the not driving thing, I guess it would be useful for taxis etc
Carrycot NOT included - really don't want to pay for one as we have no space for it when not in use
Solid wheels as we live near woodland and had puncture nightmares with my eldest's pram
Good as a pushchair for at least 2 years, I really hope we can just buy one this time round

...if that's all not asking too much! grin

I am thinking a pushchair that fully reclines would be better really, is that comfortable enough when they're tiny though? Or a travel system kind of thing where we could clip the car seat in at first?

Any ideas would be really appreciated! smile

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Sat 13-May-17 23:51:29

I loved my Quinny Zapp, which I used with the Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix car seat when DD was tiny. When she outgrew that I carried on using the Quinny with its own seat.

It was good value for money, lightweight, incredibly manoeuvrable and folded down really neatly (which was important to me and my tiny car boot). It didn't recline. But while using it with the car seat that didn't matter.

The only other downside was that it only lasted until DD was two. It was very compact...and she just got too big. So I bought a cheap Chicco stroller after that.

missanony Sat 13-May-17 23:53:18

Baby jogger vue

mumgointhroughtorture Sun 14-May-17 00:13:02

Silver cross 3d , the baby can lie flat in the seat part and comes with a soft padding for a newborn

PocketNiffler Sat 20-May-17 22:42:40

Baby jogger city mini - compact fold but passable off road

Cagliostro Sat 20-May-17 22:45:24

thanks all will check these out smile

AlexandraEiffel Sat 20-May-17 22:59:21

I had a baby jogger mini city gt. great buggy and ticks your boxes

NanooCov Sat 20-May-17 23:28:50

Not Baby Jogger Vue - have had two that had to go back. The build quality is awful. And I wouldn't use it for a newborn.

A preloved Bugaboo Bee probably meets all your criteria.

MargaretCabbage Sat 20-May-17 23:38:18

We had a Graco Sky. It's not the most fashionable pram but we needed something that was good from birth without a carrycot and would fold up as we don't have a lot of room. It's made it through two children and hundreds of bus journeys, though I did switch to an umbrella fold buggy from 18 months.

Mu123 Sat 20-May-17 23:43:24

Graco evo? Have a look at online4baby, website and ebay shop, we got our two travel systems from there and was a bargain compared to others

FoofFighter Sun 21-May-17 00:08:41

Bugaboo Bee

MrsBadger Sun 21-May-17 00:11:20

The Zapp is not much good off-road and it rattles like a bastard on uneven pavement or cobbles. You could hear me and ds coming a mile off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now