Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Parent Facing Tandems?!

(10 Posts)
KatieC0811 Mon 01-May-17 18:35:25

Recently found out we are expecting no.2, due when ds1 will be around 15months. Naturally, I've dived into searching for a double pushchair... I would really like a tandem which has the option for the toddler seat to be parent facing, and then have a newborn carrycot, but can't find anything, most promising thing I have seen is the phil and teds promenade but it seems like the toddler seat only faces forward when the carrycot is attached.
Has anybody got a system that can do parent facing? Or is anyone willing to have a play around for me? Thanks! (I have included a sketch of what I'm thinking, if it helps!)

eatingforonemore Mon 01-May-17 19:01:52

One of our mums group girls has the uppababy vista with elevators up top.
She usually uses it the same way as pic or vise versa

KatieC0811 Mon 01-May-17 19:29:32

Thank you, that looks like a really promising option!

FlamingoPrincess1212 Fri 05-May-17 23:51:51

Not a mum but I work in childcare for the under fives - we've got a few ladies who use the oyster max and oyster max 2 and LOVE THEM! Maybe worth a look

MADEinLONDON Sat 06-May-17 13:19:36

The baby jogger select is awesome! You can use a combo of car seats, toddler seats and carry fits any which way you like!

MADEinLONDON Sat 06-May-17 13:21:06

Here's a pic...

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 06-May-17 14:28:05

This is my Vista set up at the moment for 2 year old DD and 4 month old DS. Love that I can put the car seat on for DS or just have it as a single if I've only got one of them with me. I used the carrycot with DD but haven't really used it with DS.

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 06-May-17 14:33:15

This is the official Uppababy photo like the Baby Jogger one. Unfortunately it doesn't really show it off because they haven't used the upper adapters which mean that whichever way you have the seats/carrycot/car seat, you can always recline the seat for a nap or baby without needing to move the other.

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 06-May-17 14:33:36

Photo would have helped!

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-May-17 15:15:42

How about the iCandy Orange. I have had just about every tandem on the market and you really can't beat the Orange. It has a parent facing toddler mode, with the baby also parent facing behind amongst many other configurations. The Vista is a good option too, but its very wide as a pushchair. The City Select does what you want, but it gets very heavy to push very quickly.
I always think having the toddler parent facing is lovely - they want to chat to you, and the baby usually snoozes the outing away whilst you have a great conversation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now