Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Too tall for bugaboo bee5? (Cruz better instead?).

(3 Posts)
user1490025201 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:22:57

Hi,

Would love some advice for anyone with experience on the bugaboo bee. Am a first time mum, due in 3 weeks and have found choosing a buggy challenging. Got our shortlist down to the Bugaboo Bee5 vs the Uppababy Cruz 2017. Just due to small size and movability, and have finally placed an order for the Bee. But I am now having doubts. I'm 5ft 7, and my OH is 6ft,1. Is the Bee going to be a nightmare for our knees and back, considering we're fairly tall? Should I change my plan and go for the cruz?

Just as background, we're based in London, zone 2, and our flat is on the the first floor, so have also ordered the bee bassinet as well (I appreciate some people say there is no need), but our plan is to the leave the pram in the communal hall on the ground floor, and carry the baby and bassinet up with us to the flat. We will only be in this flat for a few months though, and will be moving to a ground floor flat when then baby is 2-3 months old. We have a car, but probably will be walking around mostly.

Thanks in advance for any advice. And apologies for being so indecisive. I really don't know why I'm finding this so difficult. Just as it's a bit of an outlay I suppose, I don't want to make the wrong choice.

Rockhopper81 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:29:46

My best friend has had a Bugaboo Bee (can't comment on the Uppababy, sorry) - she is 5' 5", I'm 5' 7" and her husband is 6' 2" and we've all been fine with it.

From a totally biased point of view, Bugaboo on the whole are just wonderful to push (I've found) - the Bee was great and she had a Buffalo with her last baby, which would 'turn on a sixpence' as my mum would say.

Sorry I can't compare, just wanted to give my opinion on one of your options. smile

TiggerSnooze Fri 28-Apr-17 14:00:15

I don't think height will be too much of an issue with either - although it's true that the Bee feels low to the ground, I think the handlebars are fine height-wise.
I have a Cruz and totally love it and there's no way I'd swap it for a Bee (mainly for the really comfy large seat and huge basket which I totally rely on!)
That comes with some caveats though: if you weren't moving to somewhere with your own ground floor entrance space soon then I'd probably say go with the Bee as the Cruz can't be folded one-handed and only folds with the seat facing forwards so I basically didn't bother folding it often at all for the first 9 months or so. Also, the Cruz suspension took a while to soften up on mine (but is 2014 model) so it might be harder ride initially than the Bee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now